Notices

Day 9

Old 05-16-2017, 04:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 9

Good Morning all.
So weekend went better than I expected I believe it was my first weekend with no hangover or sluggishness in many years. So I was very happy with myself. I don't know if it's new or it's my imagination but some things that were acceptable for so long just are not lately. I think I deserve better ...more attention more affection. Before I start that conversation I will let this all sink in a little longer. I think it was one of the reasons I found drinking so good for me it helped dull the feeling of neglect among other feelings.

Anyway hope everyone has a great day... keep fighting the good fight.
Old 05-16-2017, 04:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad to meet you. For me it was important to focus on my sobriety and only my sobriety the first few weeks. Once I felt some strength over alcohol I felt I could slowly take on some of the other issues and for me that was a long list. We are all here for you. It gets easier.
Old 05-16-2017, 05:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Jack,

I interpret your post to mean you want to make some partner decision. ..?

Ive been told and believe i should not make any big decisions in early recovery.

What is early?....

It depends....

For me...i am still in early recovery.

If you are anything like me....your mind is going to be a mess for many many months.

Hang in there.

Thanks.
Old 05-16-2017, 06:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

No.partner change I love my husband just need more love and affection from him. But want to wait till I'm feeling stronger for any my needs talks
Old 05-16-2017, 03:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 9 JD.

If you can, I recommend sitting with thing a while too. I was a million different people my first 90 days.

I'm not saying you to need to be a doormat or put up with bad things but unless you're in some kind of danger or a situation that makes staying sober difficult etc it's good to wait until you know who sober you is before you consider any big scale changes.

D