Notices

Growth the last 10 months

Old 05-15-2017, 08:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Growth the last 10 months

Ok so I am on my work trip this week. I was nervous but something was thrown my way I wasn't expecting. When we landed we dropped our stuff off and I was told we were going to a brewery to meet clients. I felt faint BUT I didn't see a choice not to go. 5 hours later and I'm finally getting back. I didn't drink but boy there was lots of it. It didn't even appeal to me. It was just uncomfortable as my work doesn't know I don't drink. They sure know now lol. I felt out of place. Anyways, i made it!! That thru me for a curve ball but it's just not worth it. I've worked to hard and my life back at home is centered around recovery. Goodnight y'all!!
Old 05-15-2017, 08:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Curve balls are what we make plans for Linz - good for you

D
Old 05-15-2017, 08:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Curve balls are what we make plans for Linz - good for you

D
Yes I told my sponsor I knew there would be drinking but I hadn't planned for 5 hours of it! BUT truth is I've been planning for 315 days!
Old 05-15-2017, 10:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Old 05-15-2017, 10:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Five effing hours. What a frigging waste of work time. Who seriously has five hours to just throw away.
Curve balls are where it's at! Great report, Linz... things like this are the true tests of whether we're going to stay sober for life.

Life is what happens when we're making plans. --John Lennon
Old 05-15-2017, 11:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow! You survived!!! Well done! No brewery visits here, but all my work outings are beer-related - only now, I'm the designated driver!
Old 05-16-2017, 04:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Five effing hours. What a frigging waste of work time. Who seriously has five hours to just throw away.
Curve balls are where it's at! Great report, Linz... things like this are the true tests of whether we're going to stay sober for life.

Life is what happens when we're making plans. --John Lennon
That was my thought!! I was quite annoyed that this was a work trip but I was subject to sit in a brewery all night but yet still required to wake up early to work. Ugh anyways, hopefully its out of their system but I highly doubt it. Never again!
Old 05-16-2017, 04:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good for you Linz. You passed a tough test that's for sure. I hate that feeling that we are some kind of outcast because we don't drink. As I get older I care less and less about what people think. I don't drink and I really don't owe anyone a reason.

I know I wouldn't want to spend five hours in a brewery though. Your doing so well😀
Old 05-16-2017, 04:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great job Linz. Hope the rest of your trip doesn't involve more of the same.

Congrats on 10 months!
Old 05-16-2017, 04:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mattq2 View Post
Good for you Linz. You passed a tough test that's for sure. I hate that feeling that we are some kind of outcast because we don't drink. As I get older I care less and less about what people think. I don't drink and I really don't owe anyone a reason.

I know I wouldn't want to spend five hours in a brewery though. Your doing so well😀
it was cool as in I had no desire. I just wanted to go back to my king size bed at the hotel. I did totally feel out of place and left out but it's just one night. I have no idea what else to expect from these people
Old 05-16-2017, 09:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It's ironic. When I was drinking I looked at people who didn't drink as unusual. Now I look at those who do drink, a lot, as people who are wasting their time.