Scared

Old 05-15-2017, 02:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Scared

My wife returns from voluntary rehab soon.. Really want to help her in the process when she returns... What can I expect?

I drink socially, esp on weekends, we have many barbecues, shouls i stop my 3/4 beers?

Please give some advice.
Kind regards
Old 05-15-2017, 03:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

She'll be needing your support.
Yeah, stop it for a bit. It'll be way easier for her.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Good morning, Roger,

I am happy to hear that your wife went to rehab. I hope that she chose to go on her own...that it was her request. Her likelihood of success is greater if she initiated it.

I hope she has some after-care meetings and support or even counseling set up. It is her responsibility to make sure she does what she needs to do to maintain sobriety. Rehab is just the very beginning of a long, life-long road. New habits, new thought processes, new routines.

If you are able, you might ask her what will help her.

But please know that *you* are not responsible for her recovery. It will not be your job to tip-toe around her, to police her actions, to question her schedule. This is her fight, and one I hope she wins.

Please take good care!
Old 05-15-2017, 05:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello Roger,
I highly suggest you both read the book so many people are talking about, and that has helped so many people recover from addiction ... it is The Primary Book that started the Modern Rehab industry ... I went thru voluntary rehab twice ... it helped each time for a 'break' from my addiction ... Working The 12 Steps and working thru the Book like a Textbook or Repair Manual is what finally brought the Miracle of Freedom for me, and keeps me Free ... the book, Alcoholics Anonymous.

Note: for any Drug issues - keep in mind Alcohol is just another drug. This program was worked out initially with people whose drug problems were with alcohol. These principals and steps work the same with any drug. Just mentally replace the term Alcohol with whatever Drug, or if like me, a combination of Any / All drugs and alcohol.

RDBplus3 ... Happy, Joyous and FREE