Notices

Day 10

Old 05-15-2017, 12:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Day 10

Am very excited about day 10. This is the longest I've managed ever except when I was arrested the first time.
Am sweating this morning and feel hungover, though. Weird. Going to Body Combat now.
Second thoughts, a bit scared to go out the door to see what **** ups I'll manage to do today. I didn't realise I'd have to change so much. I don't reckon I can call myself sober but I'm definitely in recovery.
Thinking of you all.

Last edited by Dee74; 05-15-2017 at 12:28 AM.
Old 05-15-2017, 12:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Congratulation on day 10
Old 05-15-2017, 04:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Ok. Not getting through today smoothly. Was complaining about someone to a lady (not alcoholic) and she said I always find that the problem is in me. Must have wisdom built in, some people. So I went for a run to see if it would tire me out of my nonsense head. Now I am wet through again and looking for mischief to get up to.
I have a confession to make too. I am jealous of alcoholics who didn't lose everything. I know, I know. That's just a new emotional rock bottom. I want a family and children. I've got a car and a dog though, so it could be worse. They were giving out bedding in the car park after the meeting last night to some poor souls. But then again, there was a young drunk kicking off in a nice part of the city, ranting at god, and my companion said he should be euthanized. I felt quite bad then.
Sorry to write so much. Am feeling a bit cocky today. Danger danger.
Old 05-15-2017, 05:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

You can never write too much! It is important to express yourself here...you will find that it is a very important part of SR so let it all out!
Old 05-15-2017, 05:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Keep Going

I thought I'd stick close today because even though I thought it would never happen I do feel better today. Not my memory tho - I've just forgotten how many days clean I got.!
Old 05-15-2017, 05:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on double digits! Great accomplishment!
Old 05-15-2017, 05:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Thanks for reminding me, Freedom! How you doing? Hope you're happy today.
Old 05-15-2017, 05:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I have 2 weeks today. I am feeling well. 😊
Old 05-15-2017, 05:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Way to go. I lost 5 lbs on the scale this morning and my eyes are definitely whiter, which must be a good sign from my liver. I might even have a go at some yoga tomorrow. I'm going to hunt out my mat.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:04 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Nice job on 10 days Weev! Congrats! Keep the exercise up too. I found that to be the most important part of my recovery plan. I worked out like a madman those first several weeks - ran a half marathon a month after my sobriety date and a full marathon 6 months later. I still exercise a lot. Anyway, sorry for the exercise rant, but awesome job!
Old 05-15-2017, 07:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good. Day 10. It doesn't matter what tantrums your alcoholic voice has, there is no reason whatsoever for picking up that first drink. Nothing to be jealous of - pouring poison into their body is not exactly a reason for envy. Pity or compassion maybe.

Yoga sounds nice. I agree with Soberandhonest, exercise is a big part of my recovery plan.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Originally Posted by soberandhonest View Post
Nice job on 10 days Weev! Congrats! Keep the exercise up too. I found that to be the most important part of my recovery plan. I worked out like a madman those first several weeks - ran a half marathon a month after my sobriety date and a full marathon 6 months later. I still exercise a lot. Anyway, sorry for the exercise rant, but awesome job!
Well done on the marathon. I like to run and love the way the dog trots along by me. Hard exercise has been the antidote to the panic that grips me some days. But it has to be to the point I exhaust myself otherwise the thoughts don't stop. I can do so much more this week, my body is repairing and I feel guilty I put it through so much.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:06 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Good. Day 10. It doesn't matter what tantrums your alcoholic voice has, there is no reason whatsoever for picking up that first drink. Nothing to be jealous of - pouring poison into their body is not exactly a reason for envy. Pity or compassion maybe.
I know. I'm ashamed of the bizarre mood swings and crazy thoughts I'm having. Today I'm arrogant and a bit over-confident and think I'm cured a bit. Which is dangerous because those thoughts of drinking are still there. Only an hour til the meeting. Do you know how long I'll have to keep going?
Old 05-15-2017, 10:46 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

What do you mean, "Keep going?" Well, you're probably at the meeting by now...

I didn't feel anything close to sanity at day 10. It takes as long as it takes, it's not easy and the addicted side of you is going to start screaming for a drink at every opportunity - especially now that you are feeling a bit better. Racing thoughts, negative memories, fear, resentments. . .all that. It doesn't matter - all this will settle down. Every uncomfortable thought and emotion will pass.

Stay the course. Repeat to yourself, "I don't drink." The thoughts are going to come, don't fight with them, just say - "Uh huh. That's not going to happen. I don't drink." Play that tape all the way through to how you would feel afterwards - the shame, regret, illness, disappointment.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:56 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
What do you mean, "Keep going?" Well, you're probably at the meeting by now...

I didn't feel anything close to sanity at day 10. It takes as long as it takes, it's not easy and the addicted side of you is going to start screaming for a drink at every opportunity - especially now that you are feeling a bit better. Racing thoughts, negative memories, fear, resentments. . .all that. It doesn't matter - all this will settle down. Every uncomfortable thought and emotion will pass.

Stay the course. Repeat to yourself, "I don't drink." The thoughts are going to come, don't fight with them, just say - "Uh huh. That's not going to happen. I don't drink." Play that tape all the way through to how you would feel afterwards - the shame, regret, illness, disappointment.
I guess I'm afraid to ask if I'll have to go to meetings for ever.
I get really nervous and after the meetings the blur of noise is overwhelming. I pray no-one will talk to me. They always seem to have really bright lights to. I spend a lot of time wishing I could turn them off. But I always feel happy and craving free after. I was happy in a couple of them. Going to meetings every day, talking to this temp sponsor and coming here are keeping me sober without me having to think about what to do.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:06 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Take it one day at a time.

Wear your sun glasses in the meeting if it will help.

Listen to your own inner wisdom and just do the next right thing.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:41 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 10 Weev

D
Old 05-15-2017, 04:55 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

You're doing great Weev...you will begin to feel better soon. How is your sleep?
Old 05-16-2017, 12:19 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Morning All, Morning CT, got a solid 6 hours sleep last night and feel positive this morning. Have offered up a prayer that we all stay off the vodka today to the universe or whatever is out there. Seems to be working because day 11 is here!
Old 05-16-2017, 02:55 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Enjoy your freedom. :-)