Notices

Preparing for blood tests

Old 05-12-2017, 03:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Preparing for blood tests

So, on Monday I'm having my bloods taken to test my liver. I was supposed to have it done earlier but I was feeling too under the weather and had to rearrange.

Right now I feel great but I'm aware that the liver doesn't give away any signs until you're pretty much on the way out, so I feel I've given myself a false sense of security.

It'll be a good thing in the long run, I know it will. If there's a problem, I need to know and if it's something like fatty liver where living well can solve it, then wonderful.

We'll see, I've taken big risks with my health, It's time to face up to them.

Right now I'm nervous, like my life is in a state of flux. I was reading one of those 1001 books to read before you die things and while working out how long it would take me to read that many books I realised if the worst happens I may not live that long.

But I don't think it will. The chances are in my favour and I think I'll live a very long time.

It's the waiting that's get to me I suppose.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have a gut feeling you'll be fine Hutch (no pun intended)
Enjoy your weekend

D
Old 05-12-2017, 05:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hitch, i am no expert and this is not medical advice, but i watched someone who killed their liver succumb to the disease. and they weren't "feeling great" or coherent enough to be on a computer posting. and i'm talking for months before the liver finally gave out. or years if truth be told.

your best option to allay your fears is to not drink again ever. and to treat yourself well.

good luck with the tests.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hitch, I know the waiting is always so hard, but hopefully you will get good news. You have the choice now to live a sober life and take care of your health.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone =)
Old 05-13-2017, 03:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Hitch
Yep. I'm going Thursday for my bloodwork. Let's do this! We will be fine.
My stomach has been super bloated and gotten bigger since I stopped drinking 90+ days ago, so I too am a bit worried; although I'm starting to think after Thursday I'm just gonna have to admit I'm getting fat. (that's supposed to make you laugh).
Good luck. Post results! See you on the other side.
Old 05-13-2017, 03:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Will be thinking of you- it is hard but critical that we get ourselves checked out medically. I was scared and the news wasn't good at first- and righted itself in a few months after zero drinking. And that's the way I continue to stay healthy.

Let us know what happens.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm glad you are getting rid of the stress of not knowing! That will help a lot!