Notices

Day 86 - A sober weekend at a wedding!

Old 05-09-2017, 07:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 86 - A sober weekend at a wedding!

Hey guys,
I haven't been on in awhile so thought i'd share some updates. Things are going pretty good. I recently got back from Florida where i attended a wedding for a friend of 25 years. Man it was such a great feeling to be able to show up for someone and congratulate him and his new wife on their new marriage. Don't get me wrong there were temptations everywhere but i did have a supportive friend at the wedding along with a friend in AA who i called regularily. I kept busy talking with people, hitting golf balls and relaxing. Fun weekend! I was a little afraid of the break in the routine that i had going but things went well.

The first day back at work is always the toughest in that it seems that everyone needs that report "yesterday". ; ) I rolled with the punches and attended a noon meeting which i needed. It was about resentment which i know for me is one of the big areas that we alcoholics work on. Hell i was on one of the many flower delivery websites looking for flowers for my grandmother and mother and couldn't believe all of the hidden charges. I'm happy to spend a little dough on the people who brought me into this world but it seems like these flower companies get a little greedy and take advantage of the holiday. Oinkers ; )
Flowers $49.99
Std Delivery Fee $9.99
Special Sunday Delivery Fee $12.99
Care & Handling $3.99
Special Smile as i hand the flowers to your Mother Fee $9.99
Walking up to the Door Fee $10.99
Tax $4.99
Total: $102.93

Well i hope you found my humor funny!
Garrison
Old 05-09-2017, 07:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

86 days is fantastic, contnman. Well done. Well done, too, navigating the wedding weekend soberly.
Old 05-09-2017, 07:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job Comt! ...only 4 days to go to hit 90 days...whoo hoo! Glad you moved through the wedding as well. A wedding would definitely be a challenge for me at this stage.

Old 05-09-2017, 07:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks!

Thanks guys it was kind of funny i was fine through all of the wedding ceremony and the reception with all of the booze around but the last day at the hotel by myself and nothing to do was a little tricky. I went out to get some dinner and did pass a liquor store where for a brief moment my AV chattered in my head to get a bottle. I played the tape forward and kept walking. Had a nice Sunday evening and some nice memories to boot. Btw Creative congrats on your sobriety too! I see you're approaching 90 days yourself. It is one day at a time though.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wonderful job on getting through the wedding and moving forward. Very very good!
Old 05-09-2017, 09:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you're doing well in your recovery, Comtnman

D
Old 05-10-2017, 08:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats!
Old 05-10-2017, 08:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

good job!
That was funny about the flowers.
I'd always rather buy or get a plant so it lasts longer.
Keep on keeping on friend.