Been a little lost....

Old 10-17-2004, 12:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Been a little lost....

Hello everyone, I hope everyone is doing well. It's been awhile since I have posted. Been so much going on, I've really been down lately. My AH is still sober since we reconciled back in July and that part is going really great. The problem lies with my exhusband. A bit of a story there, when my AH and I seperated I moved with the kids back to my hometown. My daughter had had a lil bf where we used to live and was upset to leave him, so a family member of mine gave her a phone card she could use to call him. Well my ex showed up frequently during the seperation and tried to get me to go back to him. I declined, told him I didn't want any new relationships, I was new to recovery at that time and was focusing on that. I remained cordial with him but was irritated at his advances. In the meantime, my AH and I decided to try to reconcile because we still loved each other, have a son together and a desire to make things work. So we reconciled in July. My ex went extreme. He started refusing to bring the girls home after his visitation because he said they were "terrified" of thier stepfather and would pick them up without notifying us, show up at my job with the girls at 2am, drunk and refusing to take them home. The girls are not terrified of thier stepdad, the 13 year old says he's bossy and doesn't like the rules and responsibilities we have in our home. In the meantime I had not been encouraging my daughter's relationship with her lil bf, I felt like she was too young to have a long distance relationship with anyone and really felt like time would be the cure for that. My ex began to start taking her up to see him on his visitation (2 hour round trip) and when I grounded her from the phone (her phone card ran out, she did'nt tell me just started calling him direct and I get 70.00 worth of calls to him on my bill, he lets her call from his cell phone. I had to go from agreed visitation to the court mandated visitation because of his antics, then the sh%# really hit the fan, a week later I get served papers he is suing me for custody of the girls and a few days later we get a visit from a CPS worker stating they were called and told we were abusing and neglecting our kids and used drugs. (ABSOLUTLEY RIDICULOUS!!!!) The CPS found no evidence of any sorts and told us so. My ex had just sold his house and is living with his sister and her family in a spare room. I guess thats where he got the money to sue me with. I had to deplete every bit of my savings and christmas money to retain a lawyer to fight him on this. The CPS worker will be ordered to testify in court in my behalf. My 13 year old states she wants to live with her dad, and has signed a paper stating such. She denies seeing her bf as a motive, however I have seen her journal in which she has written that her dad lets her do what she wants, lets her call and see her bf and that living with Mom sucks. My 6 yr old is just confused, she loves both of us, but states she wants to stay with her mommy. We have a court date coming up for temporary orders. I am so totally emoitionally exhausted, constantly tied up in knots, I've been keeping up with my readings but have not been going to my meetings. I fell like I want to go drink!!! and I have never drank. I only pray that this all ends soon, I did'nt mean to write a book, I have a habit of that. Just felt the need to vent and share. Thanks for listening, Teggie
Old 10-17-2004, 01:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Hi Teggie, :rose

You're in my prayers that this all works out for you. Continue working your program and consider taking your 6 year old to meetings for that age group. Confusion at what's going on will definitely cause problems in the future.

Take care of yourself and keep up the good work with your program.

Grace and Blessings, Kathy

Last edited by gelfling; 10-17-2004 at 01:43 PM. Reason: type
Old 10-17-2004, 02:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Teggie...

So glad you decided to share your burden rather than your other alternative...

All a person can do in a situation like that is to try to do the first right thing.... and then the next right thing.... and then leave the rest up to God.

I am praying that your Higher Power surrounds you with it's presence... calming your fears and giving you the intuition to do the right thing.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, I needed that. I'm trying to let go and let god, I've done all I can do, it's hard when it's your kids. I just have to have faith it'll all work out like it should. Thanks for the encouragment!