Notices

Thought of drink is on me.

Old 05-08-2017, 01:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thought of drink is on me.

Hey all,

Had to take a day sick today, because of stress and anxiety however it did enable me to get to a lunchtime meeting. I realised I was suffering with HALT. So I made sure I was got some lunch and had a nap, felt better.

Ive eaten again this evening, but struggling with feelings of anxiety. Ive a lot going on within the family at the moment and it is taking its toll. A drink would be a quick fix solution and it is on me, but I know is not the answer.

Sometimes it is hard when you are dealing with difficult situations in recovery and I can find it draining working a programme. I know it will pass and I know the solution for me is in AA and my sponsor, but sitting with feelings is hard going.

I guess I need to get this out there, Im emotionally drained. All I gotta do is go to bed sober tonight, which I know I will do.

Recovery isnt hard, life is at times. Its all a learning curve, I never did emotions before just drank on it. But I am here and Im sober.

Thanks for reading x
Old 05-08-2017, 01:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

how about a nice hot steamy shower with some good smellin' soaps, then bundle up in pj's and have a nice cup of chamomille or mint tea????? i feel better just thinking about it! i hope you find some calm and peace.
Old 05-08-2017, 03:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like your doing great blueberry. Your right about life being hard. It's tough dealing with life on life's terms, especially if you, like me, dealt with a lot of problems by drinking. The short-term relief from life seemed like a blessing, but unfortunately life seems to have a way to keep throwing stuff at you really fast, and drinking through all that eventually just makes things worse. Building the skills necessary to deal with daily problems is tough, especially for people like us that hid for so long. I think that's where the support comes in. Left to our own devices we end up going back to what worked temporarily before. It's a long road to build those skills and it takes a lot of patience. I hope you have the necessary support to help you get through those tough times. Of course, there's always AA, SMART, etc., but having family and friends to help you can't be beat. Wishing you well. John
Old 05-08-2017, 03:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Annnnd I just got my period!!! That explains HELL of a lot lol HALT and PMT mixed together its no wonder I felt bummed!!!
Old 05-08-2017, 03:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

https://youtu.be/a8_ENeZ2x28

This has been a godsend tonight!!! Its a fab meditation x
Old 05-08-2017, 03:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by blueberry2015 View Post
Annnnd I just got my period!!! That explains HELL of a lot lol HALT and PMT mixed together its no wonder I felt bummed!!!
I'm a guy so I can't relate, but I've known women that went through hell during their period!! I don't know how you do it. John
Old 05-08-2017, 04:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

bb- you got it right with HALTS, all that stuff- and the womens things do not help. Daily (sometime minutely) support- grounding and refocussing is so important. The big stuff seems to take care of their own progress 9because we invent time in them because they are big). But when overworked or emotionally stressed- not eating, resting, hydrating (how much more basic, huh?) stress,anxiety and all that crap creeps up.
kEEP FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT, pj.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Blueberry, it really is hard to sit with your feelings. So, pat yourself on the back for getting through this. I hope you feel better soon.