Notices

How long did your pink cloud last?

Old 05-08-2017, 10:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How long did your pink cloud last?

Good morning all!
I'm at 21 days and feel like I'm starting my "pink cloud" phase. (Feel mentally and physically high and super duper happy) I am enjoying the lightness and fun of this phase but am aware that it won't last. So I'm curious about everyone's experience with it here.

How long did it last? How did you feel? Did you even get pink clouds? Haha. Any stories are appreciated!
Old 05-08-2017, 10:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've been sober a little over a week and I dunno if I'm experiencing the pink cloud... I feel happier.

Is the pink cloud just the contrast between how awful we feel drinking and how much better being sober is. Then we get used to it and that high sort of becomes something we're used to?
Old 05-08-2017, 10:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I never had a 'pink cloud' experience. I was so ashamed and emotionally low when I began recovery, and it was enough to get through each day. Things gradually improved, which was nice.
Old 05-08-2017, 10:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, MissOverIt.

Congrats on 21 Days!

I think that my pink cloud stretched somewhere up to 90 days.

Then it kind of wore itself out. I was disappointed that life didn't throw all the gifts of the world to my feet just because I got sober. It was time to learn to live life on its terms.
Old 05-08-2017, 11:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
I've been sober a little over a week and I dunno if I'm experiencing the pink cloud... I feel happier.

Is the pink cloud just the contrast between how awful we feel drinking and how much better being sober is. Then we get used to it and that high sort of becomes something we're used to?
the pink cloud is when emotions that have been drowned out by alcohol suddenly awaken and intense feelings can occur.The emotions that a person is experiencing do not properly reflect their actual situation. Life will feel wonderful and the future exceptionally bright. Staying free of alcohol now feels effortless and the individual may wonder what all the fuss was about.
the most dangerous time is when the pink cloud disappears- when emotions start to settle down.people can get too confident- thinking they have it licked.
its not a bad thing to have, but its good to know it doesn't last forever as emotions and feeling will level out as the journey continues.

personally, I was like Anna- I had no pink cloud. I was extremely miserable. it was the first time in my life I wasn't denying the wreckage I had l left in my wake. I was disgusted with what I had become, who I hurt, and what I had done.
as I worked on myself and recovering, my feelings and emotions did get better and I would get pink cloud times.
however
I was armed with the fact that,just as in hard times,
this,too,shall pass.
Old 05-08-2017, 11:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I popped my bubble after 3 months by going back to old habits. I was not drinking, but I was behaving the way I had before I quit.

- time wasting
- avoidance behaviors
- instigating/gossiping
- neglecting self care
- complaining
- obsessing over things
- rigid thinking

I'm sure I could think of more.
Old 05-08-2017, 11:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

I didn't have a pink cloud moment at the beginning per say but after my first meeting i remember feeling like i wasn't lost anymore & i wasn't alone with this

I have experienced pink clouds in early recovery (First year) but i tried to make the most of them while staying grounded i didn't let it overwhelm me

Nothing wrong with having a nice day just as long as we remember we won't always have nice days lol
Old 05-08-2017, 11:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Never had that either. I certainly felt physically better, but it has taken months of working hard, on improving my mental state.
Old 05-08-2017, 11:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm 73 days sober and I still feel the pink cloud. Sad to think that it's not going to last. Don't get me wrong, I've had many bad days but the PC comes back eventually...usually after I've had a great workout, I'm eating healthy and I've had a good nights sleep.

Old 05-08-2017, 12:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the feed back! Yeah, I know it won't last but with lasting all around positive changes I'm optimistic that my mood will transition subtly. Until then, I'm going to enjoy this. After years of self inflicted mental and emotional pain this lightness and joy is so welcomed.
Old 05-08-2017, 01:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Mine popped on day 21 - been totally miserable since 😂

Sorry for balloon popping - hope yours continues:-)
Old 05-08-2017, 01:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Had periods of extreme highs on and off for about 6 months into recovery, then it evened out. Enjoy the pink cloud its amazing feeling but alas doesnt last forever x
Old 05-08-2017, 02:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Will do! 😆
Old 05-08-2017, 03:39 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Most of my sobriety. That's 438 days today.

The best way I can describe my life is how my sponsor did to me- the pink clouds are the best version of the life we want to have. I have that kind of life most of the time- I call it living in the pinks. At certain points along the way - after I got back to some modicum of health, about five weeks- I had bouts of Audrey Hepburn style mean reds (4 mo), some minor depression (around 9mo and the holidays) and certainly have my ups and downs. But pink is the overriding color in my world and I work a really hard program to keep it that way- perhaps it's just another way of me verbalizing what my recovery is like as I do my best to keep in fit spiritual condition.

Very grateful for the pinks.
Old 05-08-2017, 03:45 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Love that. 💗
Old 05-08-2017, 04:17 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

i just feel depressed.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:06 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to hear that, bird. Have you gotten outside for a walk today? That usually helps me.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:19 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I just texted my old sponsor the other day that I wanted my pink cloud back! I am just over 10 months sober. Not every day was perfect but I would say after 4 months I got really happy!! and then maybe around 8 months things just haven't been the same. Don't get me wrong, I love sobriety!! but I do miss the over joyed feeling. I am searching for it again, SOBER!
Old 05-08-2017, 08:00 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I don't know if I've had a pink cloud experience. I do remember the exact moment I realized the anxiety from drinking was lifting (on my way to work, of all times). I generally feel more secure financially. I can comfortably navigate a weekend without drinking. I weigh less, eat better and exercise more regularly.

Maybe that's just it. Becoming aware and grateful of the things that normal people take for granted.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:27 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Same as August....over 14 months now. I've never really had the pink cloud fade since I got sober.