I don't understand what I did wrong....

Old 05-05-2017, 06:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I don't understand what I did wrong....

I posted before about a non user and a meth user and my whole story with that...

I am confused and i am not sure what i did to cause him to not talk to me, i barely get a hi and avoids eye contact. I asked him if i had done something and he said no trust him, i didn't but i am finding it hard to believe that....

I really don't know what i could have done, but hes talking with his ex and other people who live in his building but i get nothing...i heard that he gets into moods but why is it just with me?...i can't think of anything that i have done.

I am going to be going to counselling as i talked about in my other post but untill saturday comes i am driving myself nuts wondering wtf
Old 05-05-2017, 06:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Who can work out addictive thoughts? Every illogical comnnection seems like truth- especially when that thinking convinves oneself that the lies are truth. A truth which is constructed to maintain one thing- more drugs/alcohol/gambling/sex- whatever. To get a rewards, a rush, a high, to numb- again whatever. Nothing else mattered to me when I was actively drinking- plus the FACT when I began my serious drinking career, my already dysfunctional child-like emotional coping mechanisms were put into cryogenic stasis. I did not understand because I could not understand because I was emotionally (and in the end physically) very, very unwell.
Addiction defies logicl thought. So look after yourself- take it moment by moment. Est, rest, hydrate and keep on with regular f-f support for yourself.
Support to you. PJ
Old 05-05-2017, 10:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sarahas View Post
I asked him if i had done something and he said no trust him, i didn't but i am finding it hard to believe that....

...i can't think of anything that i have done.
Why do you want to hold yourself responsible when you know and have been told otherwise? That was a question my therapist asked me one time. Eventually I came to realize I was making others issues all about me.

Another question is, why don't you want to hold him responsible for his own actions?
Old 05-05-2017, 10:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

the man is on METH.....he's not right in the head. EVER.

you sound very young, i hope you learn to stay away from dangerous people.
Old 05-05-2017, 12:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I needed to read this...thanks guys, my negative thinking can really get to me.
Old 05-05-2017, 12:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

negative thinking and less than optimal choice in a person to try and "befriend"! seriously, avoid addicts at all costs. life is much better that way!!!

will this be your first counseling appointment?
Old 05-05-2017, 02:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

For codependency yes I've been to counselling before I was married to an abusive alcoholic I've been to Al-Anon meetings and I found them useless . I have been with adicts ever since my first serious relationship so it's what I know, growing up I did drugs all my friends did drugs I dated people that did drugs to me it's normal... I recently changed my thinking and I don't want to do these patterns anymore so I'm trying to change my thinking
Old 05-05-2017, 02:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sarahas View Post
I've been to Al-Anon meetings and I found them useless .
im a recovered alcoholic. I found AA meetings useless.
without working the program.
went to meetings AND worked the program and I found meetings very useful.
Old 05-05-2017, 03:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
im a recovered alcoholic. I found AA meetings useless.
without working the program.
went to meetings AND worked the program and I found meetings very useful.
It was useless because there was no help on what to do if you want to leave you're addict. I do not love him, I wasn't trying to cope living with him., he doesn't want to stop drinking... me doing the steps was fine...but what do you do if you want to leave, I couldn't financially do it on my own and had no family support...no one gave advice...just shared stories...
Old 05-05-2017, 04:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It makes no sense, Sarah, because he is messed up in the head by meth. You cannot 'reason' with him, You didn't do anything wrong. Stay away from him. You don't deserve to be part of the circus of meth addiction. It's just bad news all around.