Help! Need advice ASAP

Old 05-04-2017, 11:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help! Need advice ASAP

I have posted on here previously about my now ex and his addition to meth. Long story short he is currently in intense outpatient treatment. The problem is he is still using and faking the weekly drug tests. Knowing this, should I alert the treatment center of what he is doing?
Old 05-04-2017, 12:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

short answer? NOPE.

why? not your problem. he's your ex. what he is doing and where is no longer your concern.

how do you "know" this about your ex? have you SEEN him using IN treatment AND faking urine tests? all else is hearsay.

treatment centers DEAL specifically WITH addicts...they have seen every trick in the book. that would be sort of like telling the mechanic where the engine to your car is located.

stay back. get busy living your own life. let him have his.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
short answer? NOPE.

why? not your problem. he's your ex. what he is doing and where is no longer your concern.

how do you "know" this about your ex? have you SEEN him using IN treatment AND faking urine tests? all else is hearsay.

treatment centers DEAL specifically WITH addicts...they have seen every trick in the book. that would be sort of like telling the mechanic where the engine to your car is located.

stay back. get busy living your own life. let him have his.
We're still in communication, I'm terrified he will get his children back and they do not need to be with him. I know of what he is doing because he still has me in charge of his financials and I see him getting the money out. I of course do not say anything to him to hint that I am monitoring him like that. He also told me he was faking it. He said he was going to do it for a few weeks. I know where and who he purchases the urine from.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

perhaps it would be best for you to just walk away? you barely knew the man (5 months) and are way too involved in HIS messed up life. i say that for YOUR benefit.....you don't need this drama. he's not worth it. and it's not your job to fix or control his life.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Is their mother still in the picture?
Old 05-04-2017, 12:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ariesagain View Post
Is their mother still in the picture?
The mother was the reason the children were taken away. DFCS was called on her for drugs in her house. When my ex came to get the kids, DFCS asked if he did drugs and he admitted to it.
Currently his mother has custody of the children, she is wonderful and they are in the best place possible with her.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I hope that others with more legal and custody expertise will weigh in here. If it was just you...yes, extricate yourself and move on.

But I'm all about doing whatever it takes to protect the children.
Old 05-05-2017, 08:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I would normally say no. However, since it will protect the children, I say yes, say it once to whomever needs to know, THEN WALK AWAY.

Hugs.