Notices

Back on day 3

Old 04-30-2017, 07:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back on day 3

Just getting up and had a rough night. I sweat all night and then I keep getting chills. I hate that I'm putting myself through these uncomfortable symptoms again. I am so thrilled with myself when I'm sober and then Bam! I screw it up again. I have no more chances with my family. I drink again and I'm out on the street and will lose my kids. I'm terrified.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi stillredhot,

I am also feeling pretty blue today. I keep trying to stop, and my addictive voice keeps winning! I, unfortunately still have the poison in the house.

Let's quit this together!! We deserve a better life....period.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Stay with us redhot! NOTHING is worth losing your kids. Read and post often. I wonder if you could find an addiction therapist? The hardest part for me about sobriety is that once sober you realize why you drank! Sobriety uncovers a lot of unresolved issues for me. I am trying to tackle them one by one. But the main part in the beginning is don't pick up the bottle no matter what! It is all a game of mind aversion. Very important to find things to do that take the place of your drinking time. Hang in there. I want you to keep your kids!!
Old 04-30-2017, 07:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Why keep it when you know you will reach for it? (to wildflower)...
Old 04-30-2017, 07:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wildflower70 View Post
Hi stillredhot,

I am also feeling pretty blue today. I keep trying to stop, and my addictive voice keeps winning! I, unfortunately still have the poison in the house.

Let's quit this together!! We deserve a better life....period.
I'm sorry Wildflower70, I was just reading your thread also. I'm sorry you are suffering. You need to get that poison out of the house because as crappy as you are feeling, that stuff will tempt you big time! We do deserve a better life and we WILL have it. Much love to you!
Old 04-30-2017, 07:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am on day 3 too. I am on my last chance with my relationship and most likely with work, but i am really determined to make this! We can do it! Hang onto it, get the proper help and keep posting here! Let's celebrate our soberity date together every year, as we started our jouney the same day!
Old 04-30-2017, 07:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MsCooterBrown View Post
Stay with us redhot! NOTHING is worth losing your kids. Read and post often. I wonder if you could find an addiction therapist? The hardest part for me about sobriety is that once sober you realize why you drank! Sobriety uncovers a lot of unresolved issues for me. I am trying to tackle them one by one. But the main part in the beginning is don't pick up the bottle no matter what! It is all a game of mind aversion. Very important to find things to do that take the place of your drinking time. Hang in there. I want you to keep your kids!!
Thank you MsCooterBrown! I refuse to let this addiction take me away from my kids. My mother gave me up to my father when I was tiny because she was an addict. And I still suffer from that. I do have a counselor but I think I need to switch to a addiction counselor. I also need to stop giving myself excuses for not attending AA. I need to reach out and stop isolating myself but it's the anxiety that gets me every time.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberTyger View Post
I am on day 3 too. I am on my last chance with my relationship and most likely with work, but i am really determined to make this! We can do it! Hang onto it, get the proper help and keep posting here! Let's celebrate our soberity date together every year, as we started our jouney the same day!
Hey SoberTyger! I'm sorry to hear this. We can do it! We have to tell ourselves what's more important to us! A lifetime with kids or with our partners, or a few hours/days at a time of drunkeness. I pick being sober for sure! Stay in touch!
Old 04-30-2017, 11:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

How did you get through your 3rd day? i know how hard it is... I hope you managed to pull through and feel improvements
Old 04-30-2017, 03:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcoem back

whats your plan for this time?
what are you going to do differently?

D
Old 04-30-2017, 07:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Like Dee says get a plan. Day 3 was one of my long standing hurdles. Finishing day 15. It is possible! Post learn and stay strong. It will happen.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My anxiety is still pretty high and I'm lying in bed just wishing for some sleep and for this headache to go away. I wonder what crazy dreams will pop into my head tonight. How did you do SoberTyger?
Old 04-30-2017, 07:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

The one thing I can never manage to do is stick with going to AA meetings. I will be going to one in the morning and a few more this week. No excuses!
Old 04-30-2017, 07:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SimplyFree View Post
Like Dee says get a plan. Day 3 was one of my long standing hurdles. Finishing day 15. It is possible! Post learn and stay strong. It will happen.
Congrats on 15 days!!