Notices

Frustrated

Old 04-29-2017, 09:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Frustrated

Hello all,

10 days sober. I thought I was through the worst of WD, but I'm frustrated because I still feel like crap! Tired, nauseous, irritable. I keep reading your posts about how amazing it feels to wake up sober. How long did it take you guys? What's wrong with me? I thought if I quit drinking I'd feel like a new person, and I'm just feeling so ick.

As always thanks for all your posts and support. Couldn't have make it this far without you all.
Old 04-29-2017, 09:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Perhaps see a doc- drinking can effect diet, hydration- rest. Those will effect mood, energy levels and stuff. Support.
Old 04-29-2017, 09:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hang in there. Day 14 today for me and the return of the never ending headache resumed. Just the body resetting after years of abuse. I do feel better than when drinking, and I'm encouraged to realize any discomfort I feel is because my body is healing rather than being abused.....again. It will improve.
Old 04-29-2017, 09:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I felt pretty good at about a month. I was finally able to sleep and most of the physical aches and pains had gone.

It took many months before I felt normal, but at about three months I had more good days than bad and by six months I was comfortable most of the time and the urges to drink were much more tolerable. Getting past the physical feeling of anxiety took me nearly a year.

Hang on, it takes a toll.
Old 04-29-2017, 09:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep going homesteadforager - you'll get there
Old 04-29-2017, 10:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

No expert but think we are going to get these days

My first 7 days felt rocking,full of beans and charging around like a looney! Since then I've gradually got more tired,looked a little worse after the initial sober period miracle and mood darkened

Yesterday was awful - was craving virtually from moment I woke up! Gave up in the end and went to bed very early !

It will get better! It must ! 😊
Old 04-30-2017, 12:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I remember wondering why I felt so tired during the first month of stopping drinking. Sometimes I thought I'd felt better when I was drinking (that was my AV talking). It's different for everyone and there's no exact time line but for me, the tiredness started to ease off after a month. I know it's frustrating but keep reminding yourself that you are doing the right thing and the tiredness and irritability are normal parts of recovery. If you're worried, maybe see your doctor. Well done on 10 days
Old 04-30-2017, 04:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

From my view you look awesome your on double digits now btw !
Old 04-30-2017, 07:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your responses. Taking things one day at a time, but hoping at that month mark I'll be able to post here again about how great I feel Just trying to make it through this night shift without drinking afterwards!
Old 04-30-2017, 07:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I think I have always been restless...a bit anxious...drinking or not. I think by removing the drink you just are more aware of it. And even sleeping. Drinking or not I seem to wake up every 3 hrs. Just more of an irritant now! I am early into sobriety. Will give it time. I know ...no matter what...I really do feel better!
Old 04-30-2017, 07:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Homesteadforage View Post
Thank you all for your responses. Taking things one day at a time, but hoping at that month mark I'll be able to post here again about how great I feel Just trying to make it through this night shift without drinking afterwards!
The further away from that last drink, the better you'll feel.

Continuous sobriety is the key.

It's really quite miraculous when I look back at the changes.