Notices

Just venting

Old 04-29-2017, 01:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just venting

Day 3 here.

Why is it that every morning I wake up fairly positive but by the evening I feel miserable?

I just feel down, a little grumpy, and a sense of doom. I want to be alone but can't because husband got called into work again so I have my 6,5, and 3 year old boys to take care of. I did go for a walk early this morning and then again for a short run around lunch and felt pretty good but here I am alone with the children needing stuff from me and I just feel like I don't have anything to give. I just want to be by myself. I know that sounds so selfish. 😪

Don't want to drink but at the same time I feel so miserable and have no way of coping so I feel like "what is the point here?"

Thanks for letting me get that out.
Old 04-29-2017, 01:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Its part of the withdrawal
Stick with it have an early night eat a little chocolate it will help with craving sweet
You can do this 🙌🏽
Make sure theres no alcohol in the house x
Old 04-29-2017, 02:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Femaleboss1980 View Post
Its part of the withdrawal
Stick with it have an early night eat a little chocolate it will help with craving sweet
You can do this 🙌🏽
Make sure theres no alcohol in the house x
Thank you <3
No alcohol in the house. And am a bit sleepy (which probably isn't helping anything) so I will try to go to bed early and try to be positive again tomorrow. *sigh*
Old 04-29-2017, 02:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Pigeon,

Stay strong, we are on the same days sober and I know you do not want to start again. If I am thinking right it is about dinner time and shortly after that the boys are off to bed.

Whatever you do, don't give up, you will make it through.

PM
Old 04-29-2017, 02:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pianoman61 View Post
Pigeon,

Stay strong, we are on the same days sober and I know you do not want to start again. If I am thinking right it is about dinner time and shortly after that the boys are off to bed.

Whatever you do, don't give up, you will make it through.

PM
Thanks piano. This is the worst week for my husband to be on call for work. If I can just pull through until 8:00 I'll have another day under my belt. I WILL make it. Just struggling and am SO thankful to have support from y'all. You're right, I don't want to start over. I just want this part to be over for sure.
Old 04-29-2017, 02:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

ep- post lots. remember to eat and hydrate. Mindful breathing could help if stress. Post more. Support to you.
Old 04-29-2017, 03:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ExhaustedPigeon View Post
Thanks piano. This is the worst week for my husband to be on call for work. If I can just pull through until 8:00 I'll have another day under my belt. I WILL make it. Just struggling and am SO thankful to have support from y'all. You're right, I don't want to start over. I just want this part to be over for sure.
You'll be past the withdrawal stage soon Exhausted. Just hang with it...you'll be glad you did.
Old 04-29-2017, 03:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Three kids, 6,5 and 3.
I'd be tired too.
Hang in there. Get as much rest as you can. Good that you are getting some exercise. That helps.
Old 04-29-2017, 04:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Early recovery is rough - but please don't think it will always be this way, or this is the best you can hope for.

Stick with it - it gets better

D
Old 04-29-2017, 05:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

EP I had two that were 18 months apart. There were days I was damn near insane trying to keep up and get everything done. I am just going to say this...I am a firm believer that once in awhile the T.V. can be your friend. Put on a good kids movie or cartoon...whatever and relax. You got this!
Old 04-29-2017, 05:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ice cream.

Just sayin'

Sending you a hug.
Old 04-29-2017, 06:07 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. I have made it to bed time once again! Yay for small victories.
Old 04-29-2017, 08:24 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

grouphug:
Old 04-30-2017, 01:16 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Exhausted Pigeon - looking after little kids is exhausting; that's a fact. We love our kids more than anything but when they all start fighting each other and screaming and whinging and breaking stuff....it can be overwhelming. Just keep remembering that the times when you feel overwhelmed will pass. And the times when you feel exhausted and miserable will pass. You are doing an amazing thing for yourself and your family. Be kind to yourself and feel proud. And yeah, like MsCooterBrown said, there's nothing wrong with putting on some cartoons and relaxing. Don't know if you have Peppa Pig in your part of the world but that Pig (and SR) have probably saved my sanity. Good luck x
Old 04-30-2017, 02:04 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

It won't always feel like this.
I can promise that and I have a 7 year old so similar circumstances.
I gave up when she was 2 years old.

I know for me, getting out of the house helped.
Going to the park and taking a book with me helped. However this was not a regular thing as our weather in the UK is pants!!!!
Old 04-30-2017, 02:12 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Do your best

Well done on day 3
Old 04-30-2017, 05:10 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I had a position in the company I work for which had a pretty heavy oncall schedule. I know it is hard on you but it is tough on your husband as well, I know I been there.

Hopefully the oncall is weekly and he is off soon. Think of it this way. Starting your first week, with all it's challenges during this time will make week 2. 3 and the rest of your life seem pretty easy.

Focus on the positives. If you are going through what I am experiencing you are more present for your kids, can get a whole lot more done in a day, and wake in the morning rested.

There is one other thing nobody has even touched on. Your kids will be growing up in a home environment without a drinking parent and I think more likely not to go down that path we all went down. I grew up in a family where drinking was just part of the family culture and have lots of memories of a staggering father. Not only do I have issues with alcohol but other siblings do as well.
Old 04-30-2017, 08:15 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pianoman61 View Post
I had a position in the company I work for which had a pretty heavy oncall schedule. I know it is hard on you but it is tough on your husband as well, I know I been there.

Hopefully the oncall is weekly and he is off soon. Think of it this way. Starting your first week, with all it's challenges during this time will make week 2. 3 and the rest of your life seem pretty easy.

Focus on the positives. If you are going through what I am experiencing you are more present for your kids, can get a whole lot more done in a day, and wake in the morning rested.

There is one other thing nobody has even touched on. Your kids will be growing up in a home environment without a drinking parent and I think more likely not to go down that path we all went down. I grew up in a family where drinking was just part of the family culture and have lots of memories of a staggering father. Not only do I have issues with alcohol but other siblings do as well.
He is on call one week at a time, thankfully. Today is the last day until the end of May. Woo hoo!

You are absolutely right Piano. Alcoholism trickles down. My parents were alcoholics, they each had one parent that was an alcoholic, and so forth. While I don't have too awful memories as a child due to alcohol, it did "normalize" the constant drinking to me. Now that I've been down my own road of addiction, I realize this kind of relationship with a substance is not at all normal. I hope my kids never travel this path. It never leads anywhere good. My dad almost died of congestive heart failure due to alcohol abuse at age 49. My mom, still hasn't learned her lesson. I hope she doesn't learn it the hard way. They know nothing about my addiction. I have them such a hard time for drinking while I was growing up that I feel like such an idiot for making the same mistakes I badgered them for.
Old 04-30-2017, 08:16 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

And now Day 4 is here. I'm feeling a bit better than yesterday, and so thankful.
Old 04-30-2017, 08:24 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
under new management

Originally Posted by Maudcat View Post
Three kids, 6,5 and 3.
I'd be tired too.
Hang in there. Get as much rest as you can. Good that you are getting some exercise. That helps.
Oh my goodness, this ^^^^^^^ so much

Remember to be kind to yourself