Taking care of business

Old 04-28-2017, 09:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Taking care of business

Today I felt productive. I had plans to attend 2 open houses for rentals I had inquired on. When I pulled up to both places I had so much anxiety I almost scrapped the whole plan. I don't know if either will work out, but afterwards it felt good to have met with them and visualized a new start. I felt good about both landlords and had a good conversion with them both. No nervousness once I got rolling. The places were small and different but they both were charming and cute and had unique amenities. It felt good.

Tonight however I am having some trouble with (fear? Sadness?) I'm not sure. Maybe it's getting too real and it's scaring me. I'm going to just ride it out and keep looking into all options and trust my intuition. Thanks for reading
Old 04-28-2017, 10:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

thousandwords....Bravery doesn't mean the absence of fear. We all have more ability than we use...or that we know about. Courage always shows up at just the second that we need it...not before.
All moves trigger some nostalgia and nervousness....even good ones....

I remember, one time, when I was washing dishes at my grandmother's house, and, it hit me out of the blue (I was twelve and one half years old), that I was going to leave my childhood in 6yrs.....wow....I was so sad and cried for several days....
Of course, I had to leave my childhood...what other choice did I have? It was a good thing, in the overall picture of my life, not to stay locked, forever in my childhood and stay at the twelve year old level forever...but, I still had extreme nostalgia and nervousness about the unknown future....
I know that this might sound like a silly analogy (lame?)...but, it does show, I think, how we humans are wired to struggle with change...even the most necessary ones.....
Old 04-29-2017, 04:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

T,
This is called baby steps. You are taking your time and educating yourself on what is out there. This way when the next "storm" hits you can be prepared to take the next baby step. This is part of the process. You are doing amazing. You don't ever want to force a solution and regret not being ready or prepared to follow through with your plan.

It's all falling in place like its supposed too. Keep moving forward, and you don't always "have" to take a step each day, you can, just stay still. Hugs my friend!!