Notices

Monday it is...terrified

Old 04-28-2017, 06:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Monday it is...terrified

Starting a new journey to inpatient rehab on Monday morning,(30 days to start) and I am terrified. Not sure of what...my current.life is terrifying. Just looking for some encouragement from those that have been. I know I can't do it on my own, but there will still be soo much wrong in my m life once I get out, that I can't seem to come to grips with how I will EVER handle it. Just feel doomed to a life of misery... :/
Old 04-28-2017, 06:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

When I first entered sobriety the future seemed impossibly scary and I eventually found that focusing on each day as it came while avoiding thinking about the future and what could be helped me. Hang in there
Old 04-28-2017, 06:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Badger -- I went a little over a year ago, and it was the best thing I've ever done for myself. Like you, I had it set up so I would go in on a Monday, but I was ready that Friday. I was scared too, but I soon realized there was no reason to be scared. It was more stressful making all the arrangements with my job and telling people I wouldn't be around for a month or so.

I've been sober since then.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Doomed to a life of misery would be not checking into rehab Monday. You're worthy of recovery -- be a little selfish and do this for your own sake.
Old 04-28-2017, 06:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Being Sober is Awesome

Im proud of you Badger. You can do this. Stay strong. You are doing the right thing. Dont worty about the future. Take it a day at a time. Its all we have.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You will have support, food, showers, people to listen, a bed, safety, rules- routine and structure. Take a few note books- write down everything you think, see and feel. Listen to everything- and do not get angry with them- get busy healing. Any change is stressful. Well done. Keep posting.PJ
Old 04-28-2017, 08:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi, Badger-I went to rehab a few days before Christmas 2015. I was scared but it was a wonderful opportunity for me to focus on my recovery without dealing with the daily pressures and problems of the outside world. I learned a lot about myself and what I needed to do to stay sober. I met people who were struggling like me and learned from them as well as the staff. Keep an open mind, listen, participate and try to maintain a positive attitude, though at times it won't be easy. It's intense but so worth it. Give it your all and you'll be fine. Now I have 16 months of blessed sobriety. I wish you all the best.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

proud of you Badger

D
Old 04-28-2017, 08:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That is great news and an awesome step in the right direction!! Try to be ok just today and not think about all of life and the future. I went to rehab long ago for drugs. I didn't take full advantage of it like I would now. Soak it in and work on you!
Old 04-28-2017, 09:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I finished 45 days of inpatient rehab (plus 5 days detox) last Fri. Best decision for me and my sobriety.
Old 04-28-2017, 09:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congratulations Badger this is a step in the right direction
Old 04-29-2017, 03:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by badger257 View Post
Starting a new journey to inpatient rehab on Monday morning,(30 days to start) and I am terrified. Not sure of what...my current.life is terrifying. Just looking for some encouragement from those that have been. I know I can't do it on my own, but there will still be soo much wrong in my m life once I get out, that I can't seem to come to grips with how I will EVER handle it. Just feel doomed to a life of misery... :/
good on ya!!!
terrified- I think you know part of it because you mentioned it:
"but there will still be soo much wrong in my m life once I get out, that I can't seem to come to grips with how I will EVER handle it"
its all fear of the unknown.
your not only going to rehab to get sober- youre going to start learning underlying issues AND get ya some of them recovery tools people on here talk about; youre gonna learn a bit on how to live life on lifes terms.
everything doesn't have to be "fixed" all at one time.
and after you get out, you continue with the support, you work at clearing away the wreckage, and continue learning how to live life on lifes terms
one thing at a time,one day at a time.
so take it easy,badger. rome wasn't built in a day.
Old 04-29-2017, 03:44 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Just having respite was good enough in itself and I have never regretted it.
Old 04-29-2017, 07:14 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Meow

Proud of you, Badger. Good luck, and if you can't post while there, please let us know how you are doing when you finish.
Old 04-29-2017, 07:27 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

30 days of self care and focus. It will be great. You will learn a lot about yourself and be given tools for success. Structured time. Life will be there for you when you return. Even if there are problems to overcome, its easier to overcome said problems with a clear heart, mind and body. You got this!
Old 04-29-2017, 07:30 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Add me to the list of people who are proud of you Badger. Courageous and SMART decision. You're gonna be fine.
Old 04-29-2017, 07:37 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Count me in as proud! You are in the beginning of changing your life for the better. I look up to anyone that tries! I know you can do this Badger. Please know you have ALL of our support.

Check in when you can.
Old 04-29-2017, 07:38 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
F*** the Zero

I did 28 days. best thing I ever did. good luck!
Old 04-29-2017, 07:41 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

badger I am proud of you too.

I started off 2017 at a 6 week inpatient program. Keep and open mind and be kind to yourself. This is a great opportunity for you to be a sponge and make the most out of the experience if you put your mind to it!
I didn't really have any big fears going in because I had no idea what to expect. So I just let it unfold around me and went with it. It was HARD work, a lot of it (mine was a women based recovery focused around trauma, grief and parenting) but it's a great opportunity, I think to find some healing and build a good base for sobriety.

Yes, you will be vulnerable when you come out, most likely. But hopefully the program will help you build a solid plan and support system and work it vigorously when you get out. Keep busy and SELF-CARE will really help. Lots of meetings or face to face support.
And don't try and conquer Everest right out of the gate. Make some small, attainable goals for the near future, somethings to help build your confidence and keep your mind focused.

There's some thoughts for you, from my experience and what helped me get through it.
You can do this! It can be a life-changing experience.
It helped me so much. I really believe it will for you, too.

much love and strength,
Del
Old 04-29-2017, 08:02 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

How are you, badg?