Notices

Day 10

Old 04-25-2017, 03:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 10

I do believe I've reached day 10! I've rarely thought of alcohol these last few days. Yup, things are definitely looking better on day 10. I guess the fact that my last relapse only lasted a day and that I had 3 weeks clean prior to that is part of the reason. I still have a dull ache on the right side of my tummy and I'm terrified about what it is but I guess what's done is done. My scan is on the 8th of May so I guess I'll find out soon enough. Prayers please.

If anyone is reading this and still drinking, please know YOU really can stop and YOU really can feel good about it. I was a pathetic drunk. It took me an eternity to accept that I couldn't moderate. This is the key thing that kept me drinking for so long. I wouldn't/couldn't admit that I had no real control over my drinking. Once I truly admitted this to myself, there really wasn't anywhere else left to go. I think it's important to set out on the right foot when stopping alcohol. I don't think I could of done this happily if I was still under the illusion that giving up alcohol was some huge sacrifice and that life without it would be a desperate misery. Lets be honest, the thought of waking up every day pining for something is a drag. Once I opened my eyes and saw booze for what it really is, I knew I didn't want to drink again. Therefore, any thoughts I have that suggest otherwise are not my own true thoughts. They are the voices of madness, the voices of alcoholism! It's still very early days for me and there will no doubt be challenges in the future, I have health issues and other problems in life but I'm very pleased to say alcohol is no longer one of them. If you haven't already, come join the party. :-)

Happy Tuesday people!
Old 04-25-2017, 03:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

scoregood
Old 04-25-2017, 04:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Franky
Old 04-25-2017, 04:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go Franky - congrats

D
Old 04-25-2017, 04:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Happy Tuesday and Congratulations, your story touched me as it's quite similar I'm day seven today. Praying for your good health
Old 04-25-2017, 05:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 300mcm View Post
Happy Tuesday and Congratulations, your story touched me as it's quite similar I'm day seven today. Praying for your good health

Hello 300! Thankyou for your message and also for the prayers it really means a lot to me. Well done on Reaching one week clean. Life is so much better without alcohol in it. Keep up the good work, I'm here with you!
Old 04-25-2017, 07:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Happy Tuesday Franky! Nice job!
Old 04-25-2017, 07:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well done 👍🏻..hope all goes ok for you