Notices

Making the descision that I will not drink again.

Old 04-24-2017, 01:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Making the descision that I will not drink again.

Well,
I was sober 40 days and then I slipped. And have slid back into my beer binges over the past couple of months. This is day 2. I'm going back to AA this week.

I'm writing so that I'm accountable. I just can't believe I slid so far back again. After 40 days of AA I started getting irritated with the distance I had to travel, the work I had to do blah blah. I think I was a relapse waiting to happen.

The hardest part of sobriety is truly making the decision to stop for good. After 40 days in that little voice starts reasoning with me again. And I actually start to believe I can have a drink. Insanity!!!!

Getting back in the horse NOW.

Thank you all
Old 04-24-2017, 01:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Drash, wow 40 days!! But I've seen old timers who had 30 years slip up for some reason or another and immediately go back into binges. I'm a binge drinker as well, but mostly harder stuff than beer. I had almost a year before my most recent relapse and kept myself in a drunken stupid for almost 3 days.

Good for you for seeking to be accountable and restart the program. I've seen it work for so many around the world I know it's not easy and sometimes feels patronizing; I think everyone has days where they just don't want to. But it's a great way to create a new routine among people who have been there best of luck to you!!! You can get 40 days and so much more!
Old 04-24-2017, 01:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back drash

D
Old 04-24-2017, 01:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Also just wanted to mention -- if you were a really hard binger like me, be careful of withdrawal. It can be fatal and can strike without warning! Not to scare you. But I had to go to the ER a few times when I felt out of control of my body. There's no shame in it - the doctors know exactly what to do
Old 04-24-2017, 02:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by VigilanceNow View Post
Also just wanted to mention -- if you were a really hard binger like me, be careful of withdrawal. It can be fatal and can strike without warning! Not to scare you. But I had to go to the ER a few times when I felt out of control of my body. There's no shame in it - the doctors know exactly what to do
Thanks Vigilance. Today is day 2 and still feeling shaky and anxious but I think I'll be ok. One more good nights rest and I should be feeling fine by tomorrow. The trouble is the AV wakes up when I'm feeling better. Will keep posting.

Thanks
Old 04-24-2017, 04:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good job Drash
Old 04-24-2017, 05:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad you made it back. This chance CAN be your last one. Not sure what you did before to work the program- thoughts on making it stick this time? I know I had to completely commit to AA (I think I did about 82 mtgs in the first 90 days), get a sponsor, work the steps, all of it. Good luck!
Old 04-24-2017, 05:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by drash11 View Post
After 40 days in that little voice starts lying to me again.
Fixed your post.

That voice doesn't reason or bargain. It can't be educated, shamed, or intimidated. It is a liar and a thief.

It
Must
Be
Starved.

Best of Luck on Your Journey!
Old 04-24-2017, 05:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

drash- an old cliché but ture. I thought about this....why not commit myself with the same amount of effort/hours needed to actively drink, into not drinking. I now do about three times more a day active recovery stuff than I did drinking. Think of all the effort you go to - to get booze. Support to you.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
Fixed your post.

That voice doesn't reason or bargain. It can't be educated, shamed, or intimidated. It is a liar and a thief.

It
Must
Be
Starved.

Best of Luck on Your Journey!

You're absolutely right!! Thanks
Old 04-24-2017, 05:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
drash- an old cliché but ture. I thought about this....why not commit myself with the same amount of effort/hours needed to actively drink, into not drinking. I now do about three times more a day active recovery stuff than I did drinking. Think of all the effort you go to - to get booze. Support to you.
Good point! Thank you for the support