Notices

Confucious say . . .

Old 04-23-2017, 03:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
All is Change

Confucious say . . .

a simple program for complicated people. How many times have you read a post that starts 'how many times' and felt like kicking the **** out of the poster. Not often, right? Well, there's the rub. Is everything about me? Does George and Mildred talking about pegonias mean that I have BO? If so, look further. I'm not gonna like this. It's not all about me. In fact less than 0.04% of it is about me.

The truth is that I am all about me. 125% and rising is about me. I can't help it.

So what is this me that I'm all about?

Ephemeral. That's it, ephemeral, always changing, becoming and unbecoming, composing and decomposing, impermanent.

Yet this impermanence that I ultimately have no control over is my measure. It controls me.

- Confucious walks by a river trying to work out the rules to cross as it's tumbling down its course. On the other side walks a Zen monk. Confucious sees him walk into the river and a bit further down he walks out. Thinking there is a lesson here he catches up with him and asks. Zen says go with the flow.

No rules.

- Confucious and Zen monk walk in forest on way to city Buddha is camping in. There are so many coming to ask questions that everyone has time to ask one question.

They come to a wide shallow stream and there is a young lady sitting by the side of the river, crying out that she needs to cross but cannot get her dress wet. Please help.

Touching a woman not related is not allowed yet the Zen monk lifts her up and carries her across.

They continue their walk and as they are approaching the gates of the city Confucious cannot hold it in anymore stops and says to the monk that he is going to ask Buddha what he has to say about carrying the woman across the river.

The Zen monk is momentarily puzzled. "Ah, yes, that woman."
"I carried her once across the river and it seems that you have been carrying her ever since . . ."

I'm sure there is a lesson in there.
Old 04-23-2017, 03:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great words, interesting!!! Thanks for posting this!