Notices

Blood work back

Old 04-23-2017, 05:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Blood work back

After my trip to Urgent Care, my blood work is in. All of my levels are normal which is an unbelievable relief. Now I just need to get my blood pressure and weight under control.

I've heard of people being "scared straight" and this may well help me along my road to recovery. I'm too young to have blood pressure problems and the thought that I did this to my own health is tough to admit.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Free,

I was scared straight and addiction gave me a heck of a fight.

I was able to stop fighting after about 6 months. Then it was a matter of getting used to normal feelings again. Now, I fully embrace sobriety. I don't really fight addiction anymore.

The world has normalized significantly. There are still frustrating times, but I handle them so much better. I stay much more analytical and relaxed now. Before, I was quick to get frustrated.

I have issues, ptsd or something, that my addiction magnified.

I only crave periodically today, but it is weak compared to my resolve to never ever drink again.

I hate booze.

Stay clean. It really, really, really gets better and better.

Did I mention it gets better?

Thanks.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's great news!! Now, you have a chance so take it!

I remember vividly the fear of facing "what I had done to myself" (medically/physically, in addition to every other way!) and both knowing I needed to know what the deal was and dreading finding out. For me, I had scary high liver enzymes- so close to cirrhosis it was dire- among less serious things; complete sobriety righted all of them within three or four months. I was VERY sick when I quit so being alive and as healthy as I am now- I still have issues, but whether they are minor being-40-type things or the after effects of years of alcohol abuse, who knows and doesn't matter- I am amazed and grateful i got one more chance- and took it.

A total program of recovery and self-care, from AA to dr supervised rx plan, sleep, everything ..... what I seek.

Good luck! You can do this.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Freedom17- that is great news!

I have lost 35 lbs since I quit drinking and I exercise every day! You will feel better before you know it.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats Freedom