Notices

Viibryd

Old 04-20-2017, 05:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Viibryd

Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge or experience with Viibryd?
Old 04-20-2017, 05:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I take it you went to your docs? Well done.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Forward12 View Post
I take it you went to your docs? Well done.
yes, but I took it yesterday and I feel horrible... I don't like to take things that I know are going to make me feel horrible... Except of course for alcohol... but that's why I'm here.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Don't know about the Meds, but I'm not into horrible! I hope you can find something else that helps!
Old 04-21-2017, 03:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

No experience, but I've found any SSRI will take a little while to 'bed in' Sunshine.

No one wants you to feel horrible of course - your Dr is the person who can help

D
Old 04-21-2017, 07:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I agree with dee it takes some time for SSRI's to start working. I would give it a couple a weeks and see how you are feeling then. If you still feel like crap, then I would give them a call and ask to be put on something else. I had to go through a couple before I found the one that worked for me.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Forward12 View Post
I agree with dee it takes some time for SSRI's to start working. I would give it a couple a weeks and see how you are feeling then. If you still feel like crap, then I would give them a call and ask to be put on something else. I had to go through a couple before I found the one that worked for me.
I appreciate your advice but I never want to feel like that again. It was kind of a blessing. Worse than any hang over ever! I'd rather do the hard work to find a peace of mind than to mess with my natural brain chemistry. I've been taking Celexa for years and she really shouldn't have changed that. I called their office first thing and told them that I'm not taking that crap. If it's this hard to adjust to taking it I can only imagine how horrible the withdrawal will be if you really gave it some time. I'm seeing her recommended therapist today so if I like the person I'll give it a shot. But I've been through so much in my life I usually end up counselling the counselor. Plus I already did 3 straight years of therapy back in 2007 and really don't want to re-hash childhood and all that again, I've kind of made peace and moved on from it.. I was just freaking out when I went in there because I was having major anxiety over empty nest... We are stronger than we give our selves credit for. She met me only 1 time and spent a whole 30 minutes with me... So she can take her prescription pad and put it somewhere. lol Sorry just rattled from that horrible pill. Thank you so much for responding. I didn't get much response so you have helped me by giving me someone to bounce my frustration off of. My peace of mind is vital to my success with sobriety.