Final Decree/ Divorce

Old 04-18-2017, 05:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Final Decree/ Divorce

Hi,
Got a very short email from my lawyer this am, stating he was on his way to court. He got the decision from the court! All he told me was it looked pretty good, and I got 1/2 the equity of the house. Gave me no other details, other than he'd be in touch!
I got the DV decision in the mail today. The judge extended it for another year! I'm so happy about that!
I think my AH actually screwed himself! Something the judge wrote in her decision I didn't know! It shows what impaired judgement my AH has!
Way back in March of 2016, before I knew the DV petition(original), was extented, I contacted my AH about showing our motorhome, because I had a buyer and he took the Keyes. I know now, I shouldn't have contacted him!
Well, anyways, my AH called the police! They came to his home. In the police report, it states he had a machette next to him. When the police asked him what it was? My AH stated it was a tool. The judge stated that the DV order had been in effect for 5 days, and she considered this a weapon that could be deadly, so in violation of the DV order
Also, that night in March that I called him, my AH applied for a emergency DV order, but was denied!
A few things I didn't know!
Anyways, the judge felt I had satisfied the burden of proof and extended the order.!
I think by trying to screw me!, my AH actually screwed himself!
I'll let everyone know when I hear the rest of the court's decision!
I'm certainly feeling safer tonight!
And I'm that much closer to being able to close this chapter of my life!!
Z
Old 04-18-2017, 05:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

OMG, I am so, SOOO happy for you!! I know how hard it's been to be patient, but patient you've been.

I was just posting on another thread how these guys (abusers) tend to hang themselves, given enough rope. I'm so happy nothing bad happened as a result of anything he did, happy the judge made the right decision, and really pleased that your lawyer has done such a good job of keeping you informed. Big props to that guy, too!

Thanks SO much for sharing your happy news!!
Old 04-18-2017, 05:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great news, Z!!! So happy for you!!! Worth the wait!!!
Old 04-18-2017, 06:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress

I gotta say, too, that I'm impressed with the judge's decision. It's clear she looked at the other court records regarding your relationship (the order he tried to get, and was denied). This is EXACTLY what we urge judges to do--there are still so many who ignore anything outside of what happens in the exact proceeding before them.

So as long as we're throwing bouquets around, let's toss a big bunch of roses in the general direction of the courthouse.

Oh, and the cops, too, for including the detail about the machete--ALSO something we train them to do. Sometimes the system really DOES work the way it's supposed to.
Old 04-18-2017, 06:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi,
I was really surprised! I didn't know about any of that stuff. I didn't know about him trying to get a DV order against me for making the telephone call that night! I remember writing a post because I felt so stupid for making the call!
And my AH having a Machette next to him when the police came to his home! And being so arrogant to say it's a tool!!
Boy, the judge certainly read everything and discovered things that I wasn't aware of!
I certainly commend her for the job she did!
Z
Old 04-18-2017, 06:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well, that would make two tools in that room, hmmm?

So happy for you. Hooray!
Old 04-18-2017, 06:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A work in progress

The "tool shed," lol.
Old 04-18-2017, 06:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So so happy Zircon.

This has been a long, tough journey.
Old 04-18-2017, 06:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have been following your posts and I want all the details.. Let us know as it happens.. So happy for you.please tell us more about what happens next in your life and how things develop.
Old 04-18-2017, 08:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Z,
I can't even tell you how happy I am for you. It took a very long time but it was worth every second. Hugs my friend! I hope you will sleep soundly tonight.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:02 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Such a relief Zircon, you deserve the best.
Old 04-19-2017, 04:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Great news, Zircon! Very impressed that the judge did her homework!
Old 04-19-2017, 05:11 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Zircon, so glad that it seems that justice has actually been done. I hope you can stop feeling that drag on your energy and move forward w/a new degree of freedom now.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:20 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi,
Feeling pretty good today! Kinda like a load has suddenly been lifted from me.
I also think, that most of us, that been through what I have, feel at some point through the ordeal that they're the "crazy one". I found myself always replaying in my mind every abusive situation by AH put me through, trying to be sure I heard or saw everything correctly. Of course I did, but some of the stuff was just so unbelievable!
I think, getting the extension of the DV order was such validation for me that I'm not crazy!, my AH truly has a problem!
And the bonus was finding out that he actually called the police and was obviously impaired and had a machete sitting next to him and told the police it was a tool!!!! How! Not Smart! Them tried to get a DV order against me!
My AH hung himself! Blew his credibility in court!
But he doesn't have a drinking problem! LOL!
I'm gonna enjoy this feeling for a few days!
But I do know, there is going to be more issues to come! Especially with the house, don't know the rest yet.
All kidding aside, I'm very grateful I got the DV order extended for another year. The above incidences shows just how unstable and unpredictable my STBXAH is!!
I really like the sound of that STBXAH!!!!
Z
Old 04-19-2017, 06:30 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
A work in progress

So what still has to happen? This doesn't represent the final divorce decree?
Old 04-19-2017, 06:39 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Congratulations Zircon! Here's hoping much more joy and peace is headed your way!
Old 04-19-2017, 06:54 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi,
My lawyer hasn't given me all the details of the judges decision. All he told me so far is I was awarded1/2 the equity in the house. I don't know yet how the business, land and his retirement was divided. But in my lawyers brief email, he stated it looked pretty good. I think he knew I was worried most about the house.
Not sure yet how the judge ordered him to give me the equity on the house, how long he has to refinance to get my name off the mortgage, did she give him a time frame for the house to be put up for sale, if he can't refinance. Of course, we know my AH won't be able to get a mortgage in his name, he's been claiming 0 income for almost 2 years.
Lots of questions still!
And again, I'm sure my AH, if it's possible will fight the decision about the house or stall as much as he can.
This is just the beginning, but at least it's starting on a positive note for me!
And, I'm wondering, what has to happen so my divorce is final!! So I can say, I'm no longer married!
I had to for the second year file my taxes married, filing separately!
Z
Old 04-19-2017, 07:25 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zircon View Post
Hi,
Feeling pretty good today! Kinda like a load has suddenly been lifted from me.
Ahhhhhhhhhhh! The SWEET smell of JUSTICE! I wonder how smug his arrogant @$$ is now!?!?!?!?!?
Old 04-19-2017, 07:46 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

HIGH FIVE Z!!!

I hope you can sleep a little easier, feel a little more free, and breathe a little more relaxed now. You are IN the light at the end of the tunnel!!
Old 04-19-2017, 09:20 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I am happy dancing for you friend!

Yes!!!! This is such great news! What a relief!!!

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY, DO SOMETHING NICE FOR YOU!!!!!