Notices

The final step

Old 04-17-2017, 07:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The final step

Hi, I have struggled with alcohol and drugs now for the past 13 years :-( I had a blow out yesterday, and had no sleep for 48 hours :-( I feel like I have had enough and wish to finally stop drinking for good, but cant seem to keep it up on my own :-( the longest I have went is 3 months but then reverted back to my binge drinking and drug use pretty much as soon as I decided to have that one glass, it was the most upsetting time, knowing i had done so well and had felt so good just the day before :-( I have too many great things going for me and so sick of letting myself down, its nice to be able to finally talk open and honestly about my issues.
Hope to hear a reply :-)
Old 04-17-2017, 07:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

welcome.

you can be free of this cycle. Good for you in reaching out for support here. To embrace sobriety - you must choose it, and then act in support of that choice every day.

This place can help. AA can help. Other programs can help. Therapy can help. You need to suite of sobriety tools and a resolve to change your life for the better - and you can.

Old 04-17-2017, 08:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Welcome to SR!
Old 04-17-2017, 08:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm glad you found this site; it has been super helpful for me
Old 04-17-2017, 08:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

WELCOME- KEEP POSTING. PLAN, READ, SHARE. GO TO MEETINGS, JOURNAL. empathy AND SUPPORT TO YOU.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, you will find tons of support here and no judgement. Many of us have been where you are. It sounds like you are finally sick of being sick, and that's good. If you are not able to do it on your own, I suggest keeping all options on the table like AA or treatment.
Old 04-17-2017, 01:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NJH11 View Post
I have too many great things going for me and so sick of letting myself down, its nice to be able to finally talk open and honestly about my issues.
Isn't it, though?!?! Glad you are here. It helps me a lot to come here and speak honestly about my issues. It's not like I can do that with just anybody. It's safe here and no one will judge you. I give you high marks for having the courage to post!