Notices

Day 9 Completed

Old 04-17-2017, 01:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 9 Completed

Hello All
Day 9 was completed and i can honestly say its been relatively easy that alone makes me feel guilty posting that here as ive read so many sad stories how you are suffering all i want to say is stay at it the feeling is amazing
I have an addictive personality may it be drink, fat burning pills, sleepers, gym, smoking whatever i always have to be addicted to something !! Ive swapped alcohol for gym again and i love it the buzz i get driving there is great

Ive always liked a drink and admit i drank to get drunk at home i drank to blackout, 3/4 times a night was my max and only since January before this was every weekend 2/3 bottles of wine !! The drink is evil all drink is evil 😢
I mentioned in a previous post about could i be a social drinker ? The answer now is i dont want to this group has helped me immensely thank you
Now the point of this is to ask/say i have weekend booked away with girls on 5th may its bound to contain alcohol as the girls going all drink heavely Ive decided since given up the drink ive rented my own room so i can step away if i need to i will be called a bore and lighweight but i dont care
If i have a couple of drinks not wine is that falling off the wagon? Its been easy so far i have no cravings can sit around drink and walk around drink aisles without any thought
Help is anyone on here with similar story? I do believe there is definitely different levels of being an alcoholic and i am an alcoholic i admit that ive been an addict since i was 16 to something or other its horrible but i have amazing will power i suppose thats a good thing as ive stopped everything by choice over time.

Have a great day and enjoy the rest of you Easter Break x
Old 04-17-2017, 01:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Excellent post FemaleBoss congratulations on day 9 & happy easter x
Old 04-17-2017, 01:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you soberwolf you too x
Old 04-17-2017, 02:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Femaleboss1980 View Post
Hello All
Day 9 was completed and i can honestly say its been relatively easy that alone makes me feel guilty posting that here as ive read so many sad stories how you are suffering all i want to say is stay at it the feeling is amazing
I have an addictive personality may it be drink, fat burning pills, sleepers, gym, smoking whatever i always have to be addicted to something !! Ive swapped alcohol for gym again and i love it the buzz i get driving there is great

Ive always liked a drink and admit i drank to get drunk at home i drank to blackout, 3/4 times a night was my max and only since January before this was every weekend 2/3 bottles of wine !! The drink is evil all drink is evil ��
I mentioned in a previous post about could i be a social drinker ? The answer now is i dont want to this group has helped me immensely thank you
Now the point of this is to ask/say i have weekend booked away with girls on 5th may its bound to contain alcohol as the girls going all drink heavely Ive decided since given up the drink ive rented my own room so i can step away if i need to i will be called a bore and lighweight but i dont care
If i have a couple of drinks not wine is that falling off the wagon? Its been easy so far i have no cravings can sit around drink and walk around drink aisles without any thought
Help is anyone on here with similar story? I do believe there is definitely different levels of being an alcoholic and i am an alcoholic i admit that ive been an addict since i was 16 to something or other its horrible but i have amazing will power i suppose thats a good thing as ive stopped everything by choice over time.

Are you saying you are considering a couple of alcoholic drinks that are not wine?I wasn't sure sorry. You are doing great on day 9! Before this last go (I'm on day 2) I had three weeks under my belt and for reasons I'm not sure of it was really easy to stop where it had been difficult in the past. So I guess how easy it is or isn't, isn't always a reliable measure of how bad things are BC I know for me they were awful. I know I have a huge problem. It's taken so very long to get to the point where I really realise it and not just say it. I am an alcoholic I can never drink again. Never, or it will destroy me and all in my path. You say you've been an addict since you were 16, so you do have an issue. I told myself I could moderate. I'd give anything to go back in time and slap myself into reality BC I've done so much damage underestimating the enormity of my problem. If your not considering a drink then all that might of seemed out of place sorry. Foggy head this morning. Keep up the good work.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Funtimefranky

Yes ive always been addicted to something its only this past year ive realised it and its never long term i was even taking cocaine at one point ! Wow sickening thought
Yes cocktails etc thats if i do it as i said i dont feel the need to more of a social gathering but we shall see i just never wanna wake up like i did last saturday i was the lowest of low never ever again
Pick yourself back up 3 weeks was great you fell off but you got back on thats great news again it could of gone the other way but you didnt !! With regards to health lucky i havent done damage (to my knowledge) have you been to the dr can he prescribe anything to assist you day to day im on mild anit dep tabs because i suffered anxiety (not one attack) since T Total so it was drink related and now the tabs are working
You are back on the right path turn that 3 weeks into 3 months you can do it x

We are all here for you
Old 04-17-2017, 02:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Femaleboss,
Congrats on 9 days. I'm glad it has been "easy" but you are going on a trip next month and your AV is already talking you into having a drink, so I would say although it has been easy there is still much work to do. And IMO, YES, an alcoholic beverage - even one that wasn't your choice beverage - is falling off the wagon.
I am 73 days in and still keep myself out of situations where alcohol will be involved. This has all been relatively "easy" for me, too, but man.....if I see other people drinking and having a good time, it is too much. Not to sound mean but this early in your sobriety you'd have to have some stealth balls to be around drinking GF's and NOT want to pick up.
So....having said that....do you have a plan as to what you can/will do if the temptation to drink becomes too much? Good going on the room. Is there a work out facility where you'll be staying? Also, take stuff you enjoy drinking. I've become particularly attached to cranberry juice and soda with lime and Ginger Beer (this is non alcoholic before everyone freaks out.....it's in the international foods soda section in stores). I "treat" myself to either of those if I"m feeling like I need something other than water.
So I would suggest having a plan for your getaway. If you want this badly enough, it can happen. Good luck!
Old 04-17-2017, 02:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Kes06

Fab news on your 76 days well done
Yes im taking my dogs to the sea side my friends and children n one static me n dogs n the other i wont leave them for long and will constantly walk them for my exercise fix
As for drink im not contributing or buying any and my new found love is pink lemonade if i feel like a nice drink i get out a favourite glass half fill it and sip that it works if its a full glass i leave half of it !!
As i mentioned before i only drank weekends i left alcohol for 3 months before for a fitness and boxing and returned but obviously being in a bad place these past 5 months pushed me to up and beyond how ive ever been
I will attend AA meetings as im curious and would love to hear other stories as well as get professional advice

Thank you so much for your reply it means a lot and good luck on your journey x
Old 04-17-2017, 02:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Funtimefranky

Yes ive always been addicted to something its only this past year ive realised it and its never long term i was even taking cocaine at one point ! Wow sickening thought
Yes cocktails etc thats if i do it as i said i dont feel the need to more of a social gathering but we shall see i just never wanna wake up like i did last saturday i was the lowest of low never ever again
Pick yourself back up 3 weeks was great you fell off but you got back on thats great news again it could of gone the other way but you didnt !! With regards to health lucky i havent done damage (to my knowledge) have you been to the dr can he prescribe anything to assist you day to day im on mild anit dep tabs because i suffered anxiety (not one attack) since T Total so it was drink related and now the tabs are working
You are back on the right path turn that 3 weeks into 3 months you can do it x

We are all here for you
Personally I don't think it's a good idea. I was addicted to speed tabs in my eary years. Alcohol wasn't an issue and I convinced myself I was OK BC as long as I was doing only one substance I could leave the other alone. I spent years juggling drugs before booze became a problem.

I do need to take an AD but I get so afraid I stop after a short while. It's crazy to think I've put so much rubbish in my body but I'm afraid of these. Can I ask which ones you are on as in which are mild? Or is it just the dose that makes it mild? I have Sertraline here. Thanks
Old 04-17-2017, 03:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ive been on sertraline 50mg absolute no no made me like a zombie (i lost a close relative and dr prescribed these) that was 5 yrs ago i took them for almost a year poss less and just had to stop
Ive been recently place on citalopram 20mg i lied to dr said 10mg wasnt working so she said take 2 (the reason they didnt work is because of alcohol) i explained i was drinking a lot just not exact amount
Now its all out and i know it was the right thing to do
I too abused drugs speed cocaine never heroin or crack but still abuse isnt it
If you have a gym close to you try it its a god send or walking ? I really do wish you a speedy recovery x
Old 04-17-2017, 03:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ive been on sertraline 50mg absolute no no made me like a zombie (i lost a close relative and dr prescribed these) that was 5 yrs ago i took them for almost a year poss less and just had to stop
Ive been recently place on citalopram 20mg i lied to dr said 10mg wasnt working so she said take 2 (the reason they didnt work is because of alcohol) i explained i was drinking a lot just not exact amount
Now its all out and i know it was the right thing to do
I too abused drugs speed cocaine never heroin or crack but still abuse isnt it
If you have a gym close to you try it its a god send or walking ? I really do wish you a speedy recovery x
That's def put me off the Sertaline!! I've no energy and I worry about it getting worse. I can't leave the house at the moment so the gyms out of the question but I did buy a treadmill recently. Now just to get on it. If I could walk a little each day it would help but it's only day 2 and I honestly can't do any exercise right now, I just can't.
Old 04-17-2017, 04:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

'Not wine' alcohol is still alcohol.

One of the greatest traps ever is the 'I've found it really easy to quit...so...'
  • therefore ....I can have a night off and start again the next morning, no worries
  • therefore ....I must not have much of a problem to begin with
  • Wine's my drink so if I drink something else like cocktails I'll be fine
  • ..maybe this time off has reset me and I've relearned how to be a normal drinker now....

I've thought every one of those things and more besides and been proven disastrously wrong on every one of them.

I'm glad it's been easy for you so far, but please...don't underestimate your problem or the task here.

If you were capable of controlling your drinking you wouldn't seek out a place like Sober Recovery.

I know how it is when every fibre of your soul wants there not to be a problem...but you can't wish a problem like this away.

It's relentless - and if you get complacent, chances are you will find yourself under a mighty wave.

D
Old 04-17-2017, 02:59 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Fun - i totally understand just take a day at a time im sure the dr would prescribe you different AD via phone im sorry to hear your homebound that must be very hard
Well done on the treadmill putchase you will get into it soon enough i have faith in you

Dee thank you for that it helps these are all questions ive asked also wondered if this site is really for me too
I appreciate your input and take everything on board

Day 10 done 🙌🏽 I was at a friends today she offered me a drink (just in general) i looked at her and said im not drinking !! Her response was classic 'i meant a soft drink' eeeekkkkk need to let guard down a little (hand over face)
Old 04-17-2017, 03:00 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Kudos. Keep it going! Better everyday.
Old 04-17-2017, 03:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thumbs down

Hello All

Ive always liked a drink and admit i drank to get drunk at home i drank to blackout, 3/4 times a night was my max and only since January before this was every weekend 2/3 bottles of wine !! The drink is evil all drink is evil 😢

Last November I gave up 4 years and 3 months of blissful sobriety because I thought I could "handle" one beer. Well, fast forward to 9 or 10 days ago and in one day I drank several mini bottles of wine, then decided to swig rum directly from the bottle and topped it all off with mixing Everclear (190 proof alcohol) with fruit juice soda!!! Then guess what I did? I got in my car and drove. That one beer led to all of that. I didn't just fall off the wagon, I did a full on face plant! How does the old saying go? One is too many and a thousand is never enough. Take your addiction seriously!
Old 04-17-2017, 03:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Wow how did you even stand after all that ? I am taking it seriously i have to im a director to my own company and my life is better without drink
Im just finding it easier than expected and i have no intentions of going back i just asked if it was possible jjjeeezzzzz
Old 04-17-2017, 03:16 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I have never ever drank neate spirits
Old 04-17-2017, 03:26 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Wow how did you even stand after all that ? I am taking it seriously i have to im a director to my own company and my life is better without drink
Im just finding it easier than expected and i have no intentions of going back i just asked if it was possible jjjeeezzzzz
I have tried to respond to this, but have rewritten my response a few times and nothing sounds right. I didn't mean to offend you, I only wanted to express where I am coming from as I recognized in some of your statements an aloofness that I once had. That is all.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:56 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

What about just ordering non alcoholic drinks? Before I started drinking my friends and I would go to the same bar every Saturday night and I was always the driver. I got tired of iced tea, water and ginger ail so I talked to the bartender and he made me some amazing drinks with no booze.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:35 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi FemaleBoss,

Great job on 9 days! You're lucky that things haven't been too difficult for you. I was pretty much a mess the first 5-10 days into my sobriety and I still struggle with sleep patterns, triggers, and mood swings at 52 days in.

At this stage of my recovery, I wouldn't risk my sobriety on a girls get away. Especially if everyone will be drinking heavily. But that's just me. If you're not tempted to have a drink around others who are partying and you have no cravings, then you should be fine. Having a get away (your own room) is definitely a plus!

Again, congrats on 9 days. That's awesome!
Old 04-18-2017, 12:09 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Do your best

This site is definitely for you x