Notices

Imagine that?

Old 04-13-2017, 02:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Cool Imagine that?

If you are unfamiliar with the term, a fourth wall is a theatrical or movie reference where the main character speaks to the audience. It is used to narrate and share added context. Think Deadpool but without the stupor-hero injecting comedic commentary, where only you and he seem to be speaking.

I have had full on conversations with people about topics I love to talk of and still inside break scene to speak to my addictive voice (AV). On screen I am laughing and chatting with whom ever while inside I am having a dialogue only he and I can exchange.

Yes!... No!... Yes!... No! Not a lot of complex words happen when AV speaks. Hearing it from behind this wall I can see the futile results. Being in the audience of my own life I can feel the ending before it comes about. Yet turning the channel once I know the ending? Not possible. I still watched. Over and over again.

Sobriety connects. Shatters really, that wall between. My addictions speak for themselves and are heard in clear voice.

The thing about breaking the fourth wall is that it becomes real. A dichotomy that acknowledges. The main character is freed to redo a scene. Change the dialogue. Save himself from the actions of his foe. He can save himself? Imagine that?
Old 04-13-2017, 03:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks Ken
Old 04-13-2017, 05:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Breaking the fourth wall of our thoughts ? hmm so often we have to kick the uninvited guests of our childhood out of the front row before we get to interject .
Old 04-13-2017, 06:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Imagining.....
Old 04-13-2017, 06:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Brilliant as always, Ken.