Notices

Looking for meetings

Old 04-12-2017, 12:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Looking for meetings

I looked through most of the sticky threads and couldn't find anything on posting information for specific areas, so I hope this is okay....

I haven't been to an AA meeting in 7 years. I'm ready to go back. I have almost 2 weeks under my belt (again) and am in need of that community support.

What I'm looking for is if anyone has any specific experience with Portland meetings they'd recommend (and can PM any info to me too). I have tried reaching out to the AA intergroup here without much luck. The descriptions of the meetings aren't much to go on. I'm looking for something good for a newcomer, it can be for women or not. Just a basic good meeting to get started with. Daytime hours before 3 when the kids get out of school would be best.

Hopefully someone can help. I have horrible anxiety and I'm feeling really nervous about walking into a meeting that I know nothing of.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry, Portland, Oregon.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Try this

AA Meetings Portland OR Westside metropolitan area Westside Central Office
Old 04-12-2017, 01:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

wish I could help yabut one thing I know with metro Detroit meetings is the noon ish meetings usually are smaller groups. im going to go out on a limb and say the same would apply to Portland meetings.
im not one to like them huge meetings with multiple tables. cant focus on whats being said at the table im at and im not a fan of big groups. so nooners are pretty nice.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by spunkymish View Post
I looked through most of the sticky threads and couldn't find anything on posting information for specific areas, so I hope this is okay....

I haven't been to an AA meeting in 7 years. I'm ready to go back. I have almost 2 weeks under my belt (again) and am in need of that community support.

What I'm looking for is if anyone has any specific experience with Portland meetings they'd recommend (and can PM any info to me too). I have tried reaching out to the AA intergroup here without much luck. The descriptions of the meetings aren't much to go on. I'm looking for something good for a newcomer, it can be for women or not. Just a basic good meeting to get started with. Daytime hours before 3 when the kids get out of school would be best.

Hopefully someone can help. I have horrible anxiety and I'm feeling really nervous about walking into a meeting that I know nothing of.

Is this website helpful? I started AA 9 days ago (1 sober day) and 9 meetings later, it's helping. Best Sober Living Wishes! Meetings | Portland Area Intergroup
Old 04-12-2017, 03:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sorry, I didn't realized that's who you already reached out too. Oops
Old 04-12-2017, 04:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Spunkymish

D