Notices

Day 4...is this withdrawl?

Old 04-12-2017, 10:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4...is this withdrawl?

So day four is taking it's toll. I have a weird tingling/numbing from right side of face down right arm. Clammy hands. I already have panic/anxiety disorder. But this feels weird. Anybody ever had this before?

Scottie
Old 04-12-2017, 11:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

We can't diagnose your physical symptoms here Scottie, but there are a lot of strange things that can happen during withdrawal. If it concerns you see a doctor, it's better to be safe than sorry. Or perhaps your counselor if you are already seeing one for your anxiety/panic? Both of those things can get a lot worse during withdrawals too.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

I felt a bit like this in the first week the body is repairing the damage I remember being very light sensitive too

Your doing great on day 4 congrats on that
Old 04-12-2017, 12:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for the replys. And I do understand i can't expect diagnosis or cures. It was more of curiosity question as if anyone has experienced this in the past.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I withdrew many times and had this. It only gets worse each time. Its called kibdling. Our brains are altered after the damage.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
K66
Sober Date March 19, 2018 *One Day At A Time*

I'm having similar symptoms and I'm on day one... Pins and needles everywhere even my scalp... Weak muscles... Heavy bladder... Shakes... Temp goes up and down... Night and day sweats.... Even my skin hurts...Clammy hands and even my FEET are clammy! Then I bust out in goosebumps and I feel like my bladder might have slight incontnance I'm 31 woman daily vodka drinker for like 4 or 5 years ... Longest I was dry was early February for 10 days and all those symptoms went away so have hope Hun and hang in there. Congrats on day 4 and wish me luck.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

K66, Stay with it. Be strong and if you want it it is yours for the taking. I've been through this many times and this is the first time i've made it to day 4 in over a year. I'm going to check in here daily and thank you all for encouragement.
Old 04-12-2017, 02:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I would definitely talk to your doctor about the numbing down your face and arm. I did one have a similar situation. Just sitting around then suddenly the right side of my face, right arm and fingers started going numb. Just finished off
a binge. Thought it might be a heart attack, so I called 911. Paramedics dropped by and took my vitals. They said I was fine, but it was darn scary. John