Where I am at today...

Old 04-10-2017, 11:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Soinlove

Where I am at today...

Let's see, for anyone that has seen my posts over the last 9 months there have been plenty of ups & downs. Life still isn't perfect, but never will be. We are living separately & each working on our stuff : him going to meetings,addiction counseling,medication & by living on his own he's 100% responsible for His bills laundry etc & he's proud of what he's accomplishing,as am I! I'm working, focusing on my kids and finding me.. Kind if weird. I've recently started counseling too, I am codependent( you all have prob always have known this,but it's been a more recent realization for me) from having an alcoholic father to then being in the relationship I'm in now); we are working in it and I'm starting to get it. Things are far from ideal, but are greatly improving, we gave a regular date night established once or twice a week& I must say all of these things combined have made the world of a difference for us both... In each of our recovery ( he has a very very hard road to climb but is trying so hard to get there, and I'm trying with all i have to step back and not help..& instead focus on me helping me right now), in our relationship ( that is still rebuilding, but we're finding new found appreciation & love that we took for granted before), & so much more.. Its kind of cool, I don't know, admiration, pride, hope,& love for one another ( although there I'll admit I still am dealing with some anger and hurt with my counselor, I'm not going to lie.& there are plenty ff days that I'd like to see him and can't & it still panics me, its part of the process though...I'll get through it)

Last edited by soinlove; 04-11-2017 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Wasn't done