Sometimes I Despair

Old 04-08-2017, 03:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sometimes I Despair

Exah got out of long term rehab last night and is already back on the booze. Last year while I was away he came round to my tiny flat and left a load of his stuff here. My son's said he turned up with it.

Fast forward 6 months the stuff has gone. I got rid of it. It was in the way and he never picked up his phone to organise collecting. This morning my son is looking for the stuff to put in a taxi to take to his place cos exah has finally remembered he left it all here. I just know once he finds out I dumped his stuff he going to want me to pay for it. My answer to this is charge him storage rates if he starts so we will be even. But really? What normal person thinks it's ok to drop stuff off at other people's places without asking and never go back for it? Sick of this man.
Old 04-08-2017, 04:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Huge, huge sense of entitlement!
Old 04-08-2017, 04:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Grrrrrrr.
Old 04-08-2017, 05:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Pity about the rehab. I wonder if he knew all along he was going to drink right away or whether it just hit him when he walked outside? What a waste of an opportunity.
Old 04-08-2017, 06:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Yup, I'd take the position that you owe him zero. He can take you to small claims court if he wants to--I doubt he would be organized enough to do that, and worst case scenario would be that you pay him for his stuff (though I can't imagine that ever happening).

What a jerk. But then, we already knew that about him.
Old 04-08-2017, 06:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

If it were me, I'd say he's remembering wrong and that you don't have any of this stuff...............just saying!!!
Old 04-08-2017, 06:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Dandy, you said it: entitlement. I got so sick of it. Big babies.
Old 04-09-2017, 07:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

two words:

what stuff?

I just know once he finds out I dumped his stuff he going to want me to pay for it.

don't future trip. don't engage. unless you used his Louis Quatorze priceless arm chairs for firewood, i'd stick with 'what stuff?".
Old 04-09-2017, 09:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat View Post
Pity about the rehab. I wonder if he knew all along he was going to drink right away or whether it just hit him when he walked outside? What a waste of an opportunity.
It's his second time in the same one and both times he came out and drank beer cos it's just a few beers you know and he still thinks he can control it and he clearly can't. Tbh I think I know more about recovery then he does. He's shut up about his stuff cos he's blagged a free holiday to Europe in June for a month. I took the bull by the horns today and got out of bed and connected with friends again. I went to church and we sat in the sun after. I've spent weeks feeling down but I am refusing to let his behavior upset me anymore.

Last edited by DesertEyes; 04-09-2017 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Fixed broken quote
Old 04-09-2017, 09:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

How annoying.