Notices

Groundhog Day Weekender 7-9 April

Old 04-06-2017, 03:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Groundhog Day Weekender 7-9 April

This week seems to be racing by. I expect this perception is in part due to my getting older and increased consciousness of time passing.

This got me thinking to when I was drinking, back then the passage of time seemed just as quick but what was counfounding was that it would pass without me doing much and certainly without me having any memory of it. This would of course be heightened at the weekend when really did nothing except drink. The weekend would be over and I would have no recollection of it. I was just filling a Saoutchik shaped outline in time and space.

Some of you may have looked at this weeks title and thought Groundhog Day was two months ago but if you are a habitual drinker or drug user then most days are a hellish version of the Fatboy Slim song "Eat, Sleep, Rave, Repeat" only it would be Drink, Blackout, Suffer, Repeat.

I expect we all have memories we would like to gorget (quite possibly caused by drugs or alcohol) but to have time pass with no memories and little activity, well that is tragic.

This thread welcomes anyone who does not want to live like that.
Old 04-06-2017, 03:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Shotgun

That was a very timely post, Sao--for every day of the year! Thank you!
Old 04-06-2017, 03:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Morning!

Wasted time and lack of productivity was one of the things at the fore front of my mind long before I quit. I knew that if I picked up that first beer, I can forget getting anything of value done for the day. Not so much at work, I managed to tread water there, but at home things barely passed.

I return from my vacation with renewed vigor and I'm now ready to tackle a big project - bathroom renovation - that's been idle for years. In fact the whole house needs to be turned upside down and re-organized. Plus a new fence for the back yard. I realize that I'll need to chunk these things down onto bite sized tasks in order to get anything done.
Old 04-06-2017, 04:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good Morning Enders!
I am in for the weekend!

Old 04-06-2017, 04:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Count me in. This will be my 3rd weekend going sober. My husband returns from his travels Sunday morning. That will be a challenge for so many reasons. He is a trigger for me due to his never ending criticism, we have always been drinking buddies though he's not an alcoholic, etc. I haven't told him yet that I've quit but will do so when he's here. Looking forward to keeping my resolve and not drinking. I'll post here if AV creeps in strong.
Old 04-06-2017, 04:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
I am in!

Having crazy time - filling in forms for a new job, managing the project at my current job, working on my own project and doing renovations in my new apartment.
And i am back to boxing!

No chance i would handle all this back in my wining days .

Thank you for the intro,Sao!
Old 04-06-2017, 05:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

17 days I can't stop counting days. I'm in for the weekend!

Lava you can do it just post before you drink.
Old 04-06-2017, 05:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey all ,
In for the weekend . seem to be down an stupidly expencive plug in apple dvd drive so am hunting round for it to do a job and i'm procrastinating by drinking coffee and shuffling stuff round from here to there whilst looking for it .

Lava ,
Would it be worth writing the hubby a letter or note to explain the drinking thing , just incase words fail you or the opportunity doesn't seem right ? just an idea ..
Criticism doesn't sound good, maybe with sober eyes and head in time you'll get a better handle on whats going on, as a drunk my boundaries for others behaviour didn't really exist .

Later , m
Old 04-06-2017, 06:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am in
Old 04-06-2017, 06:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I am in!
You probably won't hear much from me as the end of tax season has me quite busy. The added stress has stimulated extra AV activity lately. It told me not to check in with this thread - so here I am.

Old 04-06-2017, 06:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Count me in for another weekend...
Old 04-06-2017, 08:29 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I get time (and feel well enough) to visit clients these days. I saw one in a town called Lowestoft which is an unremarkable town on the east cost although there is one geographical detail of note which can be read on the plaque next to my feet. For a minute or two I was the easternmost person in Britain.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20170406_162353.jpg (79.5 KB, 100 views)
Old 04-06-2017, 09:18 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Love the color of your shoes and pants, Sao). Very springeish.

I am still wearing black - can't shake winter off.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:21 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

6 weeks today...I'm in as well!
Old 04-06-2017, 09:40 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Do your best

I've been Lowestoft for a few days Sao the sunrises are insanely epic the place reminded me of an old seaside town I was near the water in a B&B

Nice pic
Old 04-06-2017, 10:12 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

I am in!

Color this the week from HELL, I am also in accounting. It will all be over soon quick enough. I told my husband that the best way I can describe this week is it's a damned good thing I am secure with sobriety right now.

Sao, great opener, thank you. It brings me a few years back. One of the things that was always a goal of mine as a little girl was to have a pool in my yard. That came true but guess what? On the weekends when I could really use it I was in bed all day with my head under a pillow. I think back to when family members would call and ask if they could come over. They'd sit out back on the deck and I could hear them through the open bedroom window. What they must have thought knowing I was still in bed at 2:00 in the afternoon on a hot, sunny Saturday or Sunday. So glad I'll be able to enjoy it this coming summer.

I'm liking the posts people! Everyone is looking good, keep it up! Glad we get to travel this road together
Old 04-06-2017, 10:41 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I concur LadyBlue you guys are doing great! Hopefully you will get to use that pool a lot more this summer.

Thank you MidnightBlue, it is a very spring-like day today. I have some mustard coloured pants (trousers) which I sometimes wear with red trainers, never shoes or boots as I would look like Ronald McDonald.

Soberwolf I was exiled to an industrial estate and was pushed for time so I never got to see the residential or visitor part of town but I did notice that the surrounding countryside was attractive.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:01 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Knock, knock

Who's there?

Not April's baby.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:24 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I'm in! Heading to the beach tomorrow!
Old 04-06-2017, 11:52 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi everybody. Yep, the cycle got too boring for me. Glad I'm over the alcohol.