Notices

Alone and scared, I don't want to drink anymore

Old 04-05-2017, 05:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alone and scared, I don't want to drink anymore

I feel like I am going to die from alcohol abuse. I couldn't go to work today and I'm praying I don't get fired. I'm very sick and need help.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've been where you are now it's pure hell.
Sorry you are going through this but know that you can stop the vicious cycle and actually become happy. If I did, you can.
First step, don't drink. Seek help, professional help or AA, anything.
I couldn't do it on my own.
Strength to you hun xx
Old 04-05-2017, 05:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome.
I ended up alone and afraid, too. I was very ill. Please seek medical attention if you feel too bad.
I know all to well the fear and anxiety that wanting to quit but can't brings.
I needed help, too. After I felt well enough, after my last binge, I went to AA and came here.
I found people who I can relate to.
I feel so bad for you because I've been there. But trust me, if you don't pick up that next drink, things will get better.
I wish you the best and am sending good vibes your way.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Glad to meet you, LuLu. I know it will help you to be here with us. We all understand what you're going through.

I drank 30 yrs. What was once fun & an escape from troubles became a necessity. In the end I was drinking all day - with a ruined life. It took me a long time to admit that once the first drink was in my system - anything could happen. I put myself in danger many times - always insisting I could control my drinking if I used enough willpower. The day I finally admitted I could never touch a drop again, was the day I began to get free. Here's where your misery can end.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Lulu,
You don't ever have to feel like this again. So many of us were scared. Given some sober time life is much brighter. We are here for you.
Old 04-05-2017, 05:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome LLB - I know it's scary but you're not alone - you'll find a lot of support and encouragement here

D
Old 04-05-2017, 06:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR -- we've all been in your boat. I'm 7 days sober today. I stopped cold turkey after 10 years of heavy daily drinking. You can too!

Tell us more ...
Old 04-05-2017, 06:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Most of us have been right where you are. Just manage not to drink today. Worry about tomorrow when it gets here. We're pulling for you. Glad you're here.
Old 04-05-2017, 06:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You're definitely not alone! If you ever need to just talk to someone, feel free to PM me. I've been where you are and I know the feelings you have. I'm still working at this recovery thing too and I definitely get it. Seriously, send me a PM if you need to chat with someone. Otherwise, everyone here is amazingly supportive. You'll always find help here, seems like any time of day, no matter what!
Old 04-05-2017, 06:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
~sb

Hi! Glad you found SR, it's helped to save my life!
Sending you Love, Hugs, and Understanding!
Old 04-05-2017, 06:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. You are not alone anymore, we are here with you, in spirit, if nothing else. I hope our support can help you get sober for good.
Old 04-05-2017, 07:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome! U are not alone, we are all here for you.
Old 04-05-2017, 07:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Being Sober is Awesome

Welcome! This too shall pass.
Old 04-05-2017, 07:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome LuLu. I'm so glad you are here, and you are not alone....we have all been in the same position, and truly understand how awful it feels. I was just there on Sunday/Monday. I missed work, the anxiety was more than I could handle, and I came here and started posting. Then I decided to finally tell my doctor that I was struggling, being honest and that helped. If you feel withdrawals or anything hurting you, please don't hesitate to seek medical help. And if you feel like taking a drink, post here first! Lots of support here. You can get thru this!
Old 04-05-2017, 07:36 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

your in the right place LLB. Lots of wisdom to be gleaned here. Stay vigilant and close to the forums. We are here to help. Reach out anytime of the day or night and before you take that first drink.
Old 04-05-2017, 07:44 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR LuLu...you made the right decision by coming here. I know I did!
Old 04-05-2017, 10:10 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

perhaps see a doc.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:33 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I was exactly where you are 2 weeks ago. Except I had missed 4 days of work over a 2 week period. Mainly because I'd get up all fired up to go to work then think what a great idea it would be to have a morning shot of whiskey or gin while getting ready. Well, after that 1 shot, my mind would start to tell me a totally different story; how I couldn't possibly drive to Work, better to stay and 'work from home' (read more drinking), to call in sick, etc. But on that fateful morning I was literally feeling so sick, dry heaving every 15 minutes, couldn't keep anything down and I decided to seek help. Pick yourself up, LLB, and get help.
Old 04-05-2017, 11:33 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. I'm sorry for what brings you here, but glad you found us. There is lots of help out there if you've decided that you're sick and tired of being sick and tired, and want to learn to like, and eventually love yourself again.

There are so many of us here who know exactly how you feel at the moment. Those conflicting feelings about alcohol. Partly i wanted to ditch it for good, knowing that it was affecting things in my life badly, but at the same time I was petrified about filling the void it would leave if it was taken away. And who I would be without it. I'm so thankful today that folks here and at AA helped me to lean into my fears and do it anyway. Life is so, so , so much better without alcohol in it.

I hope you come back today, and continue to read and post, and that you reach out for support in ditching alcohol.

BB
Old 04-06-2017, 03:15 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to hear that you are going through this pain. I've been there more times than I care to count. The one positive thing you can look at right now is - you can end this hell if you want sobriety bad enough. *HUGS*