Notices

Body Swelling/Bloat

Old 04-05-2017, 09:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Body Swelling/Bloat

How long has it taken you for the body bloating (face, stomach, etc.) to subside???

As of yesterday, I have added exercise to my plan . First time in a little over 2 years!
Old 04-05-2017, 10:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Depending on how bad you're drinking was.. for me when it was really bad and I went to detox and I had leg swelling and facial swelling and all that fun stuff, it took about a week for most of it to subside.
The last time I started to get swelling and tapered myself off drinking, it took about 4 days for the facial swelling to go down.

I drank a ton of water, slept a lot, ate healthy food, and exercised as much as my tired body could handle. I got strong fast, lost a lot of the water bloat, and started to feel physically better fairly quickly.

There's so many factors to consider though, every one is different and every time or circumstances are different.

Take good care of yourself physically and mentally for now, don't get discouraged if it doesn't go away quickly enough for your liking. It will keep getting better the longer you take good care of yourself.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Come join us -

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...er-2017-a.html
Old 04-05-2017, 01:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Drink plenty of water and it should get better pretty soon. Eat healthy and avoid processed foods & salt.
Old 04-05-2017, 02:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm coming up on 6 weeks and my bloating is gone and I'm starting to lose some weight too. There was awhile where I would startle myself with my reflection because drinking had changed my appearance so drastically and lament about what I'd done to myself.