Notices

Anxiety lifting

Old 10-14-2004, 07:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anxiety lifting

Im on day 5 and starting to feel more relaxed. To think I used to drink to relax and feel less anxious! When really it just caused me more anxiety. I'd worry about when I was going to have my next drink and where I was going to buy it. Talk myself into it, then out of it, then thinking who cares a few wont hurt. I'd worry wether my partner could smell it on my breath. I would carry mints on me at all times, and allways have a bottle hidden. How HORRIBLE!! Now I can greet him at the door without first racing to brush my teeth. Im using my time more productively and feeling so much better about myself. No more lies and no more denial. Thanks to everyone at SR this site is a lifesaver!
Old 10-14-2004, 11:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

Congradulations on day 5!! I'm glad to hear you are more relaxed. Cliche or not... it does get better.
Old 10-15-2004, 05:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well Done

Hi Kylie,

Well done, you are doing great and I love your positive attitude. I am on day 16 today and I can say that I feel fantastic. It is getting better day by day but I have to find a way to manage my time better. I find the weekends the hardest as there is such a drink culture here in Ireland.

Keep it going Kylie, you are doing great.

Julie Xo
Old 10-15-2004, 06:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey Kylie.. way to go on day 5 !

I can 100% relate to anxiety after a period of drinking... For me it was day 3 sober that it would finally lift and my thinking would go back to 'normal'.. Today I am on day 8 and loving it..

All the best
Old 10-15-2004, 07:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey thanks guys and well done Jules on your 16 days and Torontoguy for 8 we should all be proud of ourselves, I know I am.