Notices

Day 7

Old 04-05-2017, 12:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 7

Hello again folks. Today I'm entering into day 7 (UK time). Things are going pretty well mostly. I'm looking much better, the grogginess is going, and I slept well last night. My problem is anxiety. Mainly health anxiety. I have to go on Friday for a whole slew of blood tests. I already have what I think is the start of neuropathy and I'm dreading what other damage I've done to myself over my 9 year drinking 'career'. With the clarity that abstinence has brought, comes the anger with myself for potentially ruining my health for the sake of what? Poison in a bottle. I guess my emotions will even out in time, but glad of this place to come and pour my feelings out.
Old 04-05-2017, 12:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your week

I hope you'll get a better bill of health that you're fearing
Old 04-05-2017, 12:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee. I'm trying to stay positive x
Old 04-05-2017, 12:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Nice job on day 7
Old 04-05-2017, 03:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Fantastic!! The anxiety does get better
Old 04-05-2017, 04:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's great. I'm on day 17.

I'm feeling OK at the moment. I've had a few ropey moments though but I reached out and posted here and the replies I got were very encouraging and kept me going. I really recommend you do the same.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:02 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on 7 days!
Old 04-05-2017, 12:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I appreciate the support guys. Really is helping to come here and read through the threads, I identify with so many other's stories. I'm just about to wind my day down here. Proud to have completed a week. Onwards and upwards I hope!
Old 04-06-2017, 09:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Congrats on Day 7! I hope to get there soon.
Old 04-06-2017, 11:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats on 7 days!! Keep it up and don't stress about the doctors. The human body is amazing and you are doing the right thing to get healthy again!!
Old 04-06-2017, 11:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Earthmummy View Post
With the clarity that abstinence has brought, comes the anger with myself for potentially ruining my health for the sake of what?
Congrats on 7 days... I just began day 15.. So we are in similar camps... And the anxiety should wain....

One thing I think is the idea of regret and being angry at yourself for "lost opportunities" from drinking, such as the opportunity to have perfect health right now..

You can only change now... Which will change the future... And we cannot change the past one bit...

Whatever your diagnosis will be, that is your new starting point and your new adventure or battle... And weighing yourself down with sorrowful regret will only make this adventure or battle less fun, less successful and much harder to undertake....

I had buckets of shame, guilt, embarrassment over my drunken actions and the results of those actions... Thank God, just lighter social stuff.... But till it was a huge constant pressure on my mind.... Like dozens of giant nails digging into my brain..

I have to tell myself to keep moving on and from here on out being the person I want to be... And ultimately I had to drop that stuff and know that I am on to better things.. And maybe someday the sober version of myself can make up for it somehow...

In your case you are on to a new health regiment that began seven days ago: eating differently, exercise, water, sleep... and no toxic booze!....