Notices

Update

Old 04-04-2017, 07:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update

A lot has been going on with me. Mostly good but the bad is I'm still drinking. Just not nearly as much.

I have a full time day job that I love. Due to my drinking, I've gotten into more debt than I can handle. I'm still on time with my bills, but on the verge of not being able to keep up with them. So I got a part time job. I started 3 weeks ago and actually really enjoy it.

This part time job is a retail position. I get to chat with people while I'm there and I love it! I don't feel so lonely now. I feel like I'm getting out in the world. My bosses seem to really like the job I'm doing and me in general.

Last night for the first time that I can remember, I had a brief moment where I actually felt "I am worth it". It felt really good. My peers actually seem to enjoy being around me. Then I realize they don't know the real me.

However, they never have to see that side of me. I can quit drinking and prove to myself that I am worth it.

Working 60+ hours a week for the last 3 weeks has definitely cut my drinking way down. Perhaps my mind isn't as clouded as it was which could be why I'm feeling better about myself.

I need to take the plunge and just quit cold turkey. I want to feel good about myself all of the time.

Sorry for the ramble. I'm feeling emotional today and just needed to "talk".
Old 04-04-2017, 07:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

welcome, keep posting
Old 04-04-2017, 07:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm so happy you checked in with an update, Sinderos.

You can do this!
Old 04-04-2017, 08:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
2/2016

Sinderos, good for you! Yes, just quit. Best thing I ever did. The self-pride is great. no more shame.
Old 04-04-2017, 09:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

What's preventing you from removing that last obstacle to happiness?
Old 04-04-2017, 09:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sinderos, it sounds like you are beginning to see your value as a person. It also seems like you know it's time to get out of your own way and let the real you shine through.

From the brilliant Marianne Williamson: "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world."
Old 04-04-2017, 11:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Sinderos, it sounds like you are beginning to see your value as a person. It also seems like you know it's time to get out of your own way and let the real you shine through.

From the brilliant Marianne Williamson: "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world."
Anna, thank you. I really needed this today.
Old 04-04-2017, 11:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nonsensical View Post
What's preventing you from removing that last obstacle to happiness?
Fear for the most part.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sinderos,
I was very fearful as I thought about not drinking. Once I got a couple of months sober I can't tell you what I was afraid of. Being afraid seems irrational now. You can do it.
Old 04-04-2017, 01:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I saw you posted a thread and was glad to see your username pop up! Glad to hear from you.

Some good stuff going on- hope you decide to make the leap into sobriety. It is so much better on this side. Hope to see you around.
Old 04-04-2017, 02:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Really glad to hear from you Sinderos

Originally Posted by Sinderos View Post
Fear for the most part.
yeah that holds a lot of us back - but it's not a good enough reason to keep us in that prison.

Look around at the many happy people here - they made that leap of faith and left addiction behind

It's worth it - and you're worth it too

why not give it a go?

D