Letting Go...from my treasures

Old 04-03-2017, 04:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Lightbulb Letting Go...from my treasures

Letting Go

She let go of the fear. She let go of the judgments. She let go of the confluence of opinions swarming around her head. She let go of the committee of indecision within her. She let go of all the 'right' reasons. Wholly and completely, without hesitation or worry, she just let go.

She didn't ask anyone for advice. She didn't read a book on how to let go... She didn't search the scriptures. She just let go. She let go of all of the memories that held her back. She let go of all of the anxiety that kept her from moving forward. She let go of the planning and all of the calculations about how to do it just right.

She didn't promise to let go. She didn't journal about it. She didn't write the projected date in her Day-Timer. She made no public announcement and put no ad in the paper. She didn't check the weather report or read her daily horoscope. She just let go.

She didn't analyze whether she should let go. She didn't call her friends to discuss the matter. She didn't do a five-step Spiritual Mind Treatment. She didn't call the prayer line. She didn't utter one word. She just let go.

No one was around when it happened. There was no applause or congratulations. No one thanked her or praised her. No one noticed a thing. Like a leaf falling from a tree, she just let go.

There was no effort. There was no struggle. It wasn't good and it wasn't bad. It was what it was, and it is just that.

In the space of letting go, she let it all be. A small smile came over her face. A light breeze blew through her. And the sun and the moon shone forevermore."

- Ernest Holmes
Old 04-03-2017, 04:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Someone sent me that above reading a long time ago when I needed to read it most. I was cleaning out my treasures and came across it again today and wanted to share it here.

To me, it describes so well what it feels like when we reach our "enough" moment, when we stop struggling and just simply let go.

I hope it brings you the peace it brought me.

Hugs
Old 04-03-2017, 08:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ann- Thank you so much for sharing this treasure and so many others. They are such a comfort, especially on those days when we are feeling unsure of ourselves and need a little extra support. They magically seem to appear at just the right moment.
Old 04-04-2017, 05:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Love love love
Old 04-04-2017, 05:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thank you all, I'm glad you share the peace this brings.

There was no effort. There was no struggle. It wasn't good and it wasn't bad. It was what it was, and it is just that.
When my time came to let go, it was after a crisis, an important crisis as it turned out because that one crisis among many that I had endured over the years, trying to save my addicted son...that one crisis was the last, it was the one where I said a prayer, told God I could not endure one more day like that and gave it all to Him. Immediately, like the leaf falling from the tree in the words above, I let go and was grateful to leave it all in His hands.
Old 04-04-2017, 05:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Old 04-08-2017, 01:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
To me, it describes so well what it feels like when we reach our "enough" moment, when we stop struggling and just simply let go.

I hope it brings you the peace it brought me.

Hugs
Yes, it does bring peace. Thank you for the share.