Notices

Goodbye to Adderall

Old 04-03-2017, 02:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Goodbye to Adderall

My name is Kristy. I'm a 33 year old married mom. This is probably about my 10th time attempting to quit adderall for good. I've allowed this crap to basically ruin me. Before adderall I tricked myself into believing I quit opiates. Yes, I did, but I did indeed just trade one for the other. I'm not well. I'm exhausted and my marriage is basically over, and I still love my husband. I have put my family through so much hell. I don't talk to any of my friends anymore and I have somehow grew a hatred toward all of those around me. I'm done with adderall. It's been over a week and today I took my son to lunch and went bowling. I felt okay. Physically I'm fine. I always have been. But mentally, I'm very down and I feel like a failure . My house is a mess, my husband can't stand me, I can't stand myself. It just sucks. Anyway, I'm hoping I can grow here and make some new friends while I get to my local meetings as well. Sorry I'm so miserable
Old 04-03-2017, 02:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Kristy! You will find a lot of support around here. Check out the other threads, read and post often. Nice to have you.
Old 04-03-2017, 02:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Welcome.

I was an amphetamine addict. It's tough when you first quit, as the drug has rewired your brain. But recovery is possible. Good luck, stay strong, and find support.
Old 04-03-2017, 03:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

There used to be a saying but I don't know if it's used anymore: "You walk five miles into the forest, it's a five-mile walk back out of the forest."

Be gentle. Give yourself some time. I'm still giving myself time and I got myself way out of the forest many years ago!
Old 04-03-2017, 04:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Kristy - you'll find a ton of support & understanding here

D