Notices

Severe Anxiety at 92 days sober

Old 04-02-2017, 09:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Severe Anxiety at 92 days sober

Hi everyone on 92 days clean again and feel crap. just venting really. Yet another obstacle in my journey.......
First was insomnia then neuropathy and scratching then brain fog and clumsyness, now severe anxiety. All I want to do is get better and go back to work. Back to doc tomorrow to see what he says as i have it bad. Vent over. Have a nice day.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
F*** the Zero

hi carlingford, I'm sorry youre experience such anxiety.
the first few months for me were a mess for me also. it comes and goes but its goes, that's the main thing.
some suggest its PAWS which abates with time and abstinence
https://digital-dharma.net/post-acut...r-immediately/
Old 04-02-2017, 10:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh Carlingford, I'm sorry to read this. What you're experiencing may not be 'PAWS', which dissipates with time and it's wise not to just put it down to PAWS and to instead, seek medical help, which you are.

It maybe a temporary sort of imbalance (vitamin, mineral, electrolytes, low or too high serotonin and other brain 'chemicals' etc.). I'm not a doctor, but if you fully reveal all your symptoms tomorrow, maybe have a blood test as well, then I really hope your doctor can assist you. Hugs x
Old 04-02-2017, 11:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope it goes well with Dr tomorrow brother big congrats on 92 days
Old 04-02-2017, 03:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope your Dr will be able to help Carlingford

for what its worth it took me a while to 'feel good'...but when you consider I'd been drinking for 20 years and smoking weed for longer than that by journey back to wellness was actually pretty quick.

Don't lose heart...this is not the way it's always going to be

D
Old 04-02-2017, 04:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Dee, thanks for your reply, the anxiety has subsided for now thank God,
I will bring to the attention of the doctor tomorrow. Sometimes this dam disease and recovery just wears me down!! especially when I want to get back to work and earn some money for my family and pay the bills. I had a busy day in the park with family and walked a few KM with my boys and when we got I home I was just overwhelmed with anxiety, bang, out of no where, I had to lay down for an hour and eat raw ginger as felt crap. After a light dinner I felt better. Suppose these things are sent to test us!!!, anyway feeling a lot better now and tomorrow is a new day and a day 93 sober. I don't have any cravings now but have put on a bit of a gut as quit the fags so on a new diet of eating less and more exercise, Thanks again all and SR for your responses and encouragement and support.
Old 04-02-2017, 04:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Seeing the doc is good. Meetings/therapy/do something new- even if you do not want to.
Support to you.
Old 04-02-2017, 05:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Recovery certainly taught me patience carlingford

D
Old 08-04-2019, 04:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Makes you wonder why we put our selves thru this mess. Was it really worth it? I'm a late bloomer in the recovery thing. With 92 days myself.and I tell you I dont want to go back to that life anymore. I have turned the page now I'm starting a new chapter. As so far so good. Hope doc got good news for ya. So you can keep coming back