Notices

Hungover!?

Old 04-02-2017, 02:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hungover!?

Everyday I've been waking up like I've had a really heavy night! It is so hard to get out of bed! Even my eyes are sore and hard to keep open and my head feels terrible!! I've even had that horrible moment where you try to remember going to bed to gather memories of the evening. My dreams are really intense, I've woken up thinking they were real for a split second and feeling dread/shame. It is so bizarre and such a relief when I remember the evening before but remembering the eve before doesn't seem to just happen promptly either - I need to think about it - I don't know whether to worry about this or whether it's just where I'm used to having to use my brain to remember in the mornings! Does anyone have any experience? This only makes me more discusted by alcohol so there is no chance of relapsing that's for sure!!! Hope your all well!
Old 04-02-2017, 03:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi makeover. I'm 13 days sober today and trust me, I can't recall many of the events of these past 2 weeks. Especially what I've been doing at night. Granted I have been doing a lot of sleeping so that may be the reason why. I'm hoping it begins to lift now that i'm going into my 3rd week sober. Don't worry about it. Let your body recuperate and as long as you stay away from the booze, you're good to go. Congrats on joining the struggle!
Old 04-02-2017, 03:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome makeover

Phantom hangovers and vivid dreams are pretty common...sometimes being dehydrated can cause the 'hangover' so remember to keep hydrated.

My memory came back after a while of sobriety - I'm sure yours will too

D
Old 04-02-2017, 03:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh I had this for the first three nights...

Thankfully mine seem to be abating now
Old 04-02-2017, 03:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

JustTony - I find exercise helps. I go for a run but if you don't run then a little stroll will do you the world of good. You told me on my thread that you are in the UK - the weather is supposed to be quite nice this week - Give it a go. Hope you're feeling with it soon x
Old 04-02-2017, 04:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Susiegirl View Post
JustTony - I find exercise helps. I go for a run but if you don't run then a little stroll will do you the world of good. You told me on my thread that you are in the UK - the weather is supposed to be quite nice this week - Give it a go. Hope you're feeling with it soon x
I did 6 miles yesterday!

Off to the gym in a minute.

I'm too busy living and looking after myself to drink!
Old 04-02-2017, 07:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sober hangovers for sure are a thing, especially in the early days. Once you get some solid time clean they will pass.
Old 04-02-2017, 10:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi makeover, this has happened to me a lot in early sobriety where I wake up feeling like "what did I drink last night" only to remember I didn't drink anything. Usually after I eat and/or drink something I feel better
Old 04-03-2017, 09:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Makeover!!
Old 04-03-2017, 10:04 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm only on day 3 and feel like an utter disaster. So glad to know I'm not alone or weird!
Old 04-26-2017, 12:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sorry for the late reply, but thank you for these replies! Glad I'm not alone! goes to show how much it wrecks our brain! Hope you're all well!
Old 04-26-2017, 12:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi