Notices

90 days

Old 04-01-2017, 04:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

90 days

90 days today alcohol free. It's been tough the last week. I have been obsessing on drinking the last week and it doesn't seem to get better. Usually coming on strong at 3 and going til I go to bed around 9. These are the times I used to get ready and go home to drink. The strange thing is that I have been fine for the last month-6weeks barely thinking about drinking and cravings passing quickly when I thought of alcohol at all. Anyone out there have the same kinds of cravings around 3 months?
Old 04-01-2017, 05:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats Fatboyanon! 90 days is awesome.

I hate how the cravings just creep up. One day I'm feeling great and then out of nowhere, I feel like I'm starting over again.

Last week I was prescribed Naltrezone by my therapist. It's supposed to help with the cravings. At first I thought it was working, but today? OMG, the worst!

I'm almost 5 weeks sober, still have a long way to go to hit 90 days. How often are you getting cravings these days?
Old 04-01-2017, 05:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think some people have trouble with cravings around milestones? Maybe that is it. I am sure it will pass after you get through the milestone and don't drink. Congratulations on 3 months! Stay busy!

Don't forget H.A.L.T... don't let yourself get hungry, angry, lonely, or tired.
Old 04-01-2017, 05:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on 90 days. I'm at 10.5 weeks and I've recently been experiencing a batch of cravings the past couple of days after having gone weeks without any. I'm finding myself more irritable than I have been. I can't really explain why. It just goes to show I'm not out of the woods with this thing, even though physically I'm doing worlds better. Mentally I still struggle.
Old 04-01-2017, 05:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
All is Change

After almost thirteen years I still get cravings. I've been struggling with sugar cravings lately as I'm trying to loose excess weight. I deal with these exactly the same as I deal with alcohol cravings.

1. Know that they are impermanent. They will pass. They always do.

2. develop equanimity. Equanimous awareness of pleasant and unpleasant sensations reduces the habit of clinging to or suppressing these ephemeral states of being and facilitates their passing.

3. while these impermanent sensations are rising to pass away give them no more or less importance to other impermanent more or less evident realities by keeping on doing the perhaps mundane things that need to be done moment to moment. This further develops the equanimity.

In time the habit of letting go takes precedence and the liberation from the cravings (and aversions) manifests itself.
Old 04-01-2017, 07:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
AA Member

Old 04-01-2017, 08:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

90 days rocks! Keep it going.
Old 04-01-2017, 08:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Fatboyanon, 90 days sober is FANTASTIC, congratulations, rootin for ya.
Old 04-01-2017, 08:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey I just got my 90 today. And we had a meeting on medicine and people who take perceptions and abuse them and those who need psychotic meds.. I've been a heroin addict for 9 years since I was 15 I'm now 24 and it took everything from me.. 100 or so days ago I was on the streets on chicago begging for change to to get another bag.. I finally surrendered. To the fact j was completely obsessed due to years of the opiates and I had permanent dependency to the substance.. so got into a methadone program near my home.. it's 2 blocks from my house and I'm on a very low dose, I go to every group and pass each and every drug test.. So what do you guys think, I am an alcoholic and attend A.A meetings only. I'd love to hear what people HONESTLY THINK!!
Old 04-01-2017, 10:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Big Congrats FBA
Old 04-01-2017, 11:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congrats on 90 days!! Give yourself A pat on the back 👍
Old 04-02-2017, 12:08 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congrats
Old 04-02-2017, 12:32 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 3 months fatboyanon

I think a lot of us have trouble at 3 months - it's long enough for us to forget how bad it was, and not quite long enough for us to see the full benefits of recovery yet...

stay the course. Any thoughts that drinking is a good idea is a lie
Old 04-02-2017, 03:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BBThump3r View Post
Hey I just got my 90 today. And we had a meeting on medicine and people who take perceptions and abuse them and those who need psychotic meds.. I've been a heroin addict for 9 years since I was 15 I'm now 24 and it took everything from me.. 100 or so days ago I was on the streets on chicago begging for change to to get another bag.. I finally surrendered. To the fact j was completely obsessed due to years of the opiates and I had permanent dependency to the substance.. so got into a methadone program near my home.. it's 2 blocks from my house and I'm on a very low dose, I go to every group and pass each and every drug test.. So what do you guys think, I am an alcoholic and attend A.A meetings only. I'd love to hear what people HONESTLY THINK!!
That's great, BBThump3r. But might it not be more beneficial if you started your own thread? That way, you'll more likely get responses specific to your situation. But sounds like you're on the right path to recovery. Congrats!
Old 04-02-2017, 04:50 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

90 days....

I can only dream of such an achievement. You've gone so far. Keep going. You're an inspiration.
Old 04-02-2017, 08:16 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Well done!
Old 04-02-2017, 10:05 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

It must be the time of year or planetary alignment or something. Today is day 108 for me and yesterday I had the urge all day. Not strong but continuous. Today I'm fine...Weird...
Old 04-03-2017, 03:02 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Congratulations, FBA! Same boat, exactly. Day 91 today but had some close shaves last week. Somehow, things just seem better after crossing 90 days - more self confidence and a significant reduction in anxiety. Though, like you, I still start getting a bit edgy just when I am leaving work (ex-drinking time!). These brain wires are made of steel, man!

This forum has just been great. It really helps to read messages from forum "veterans"- there seems like a lot more to look forward to and lot more work to do. This is just a beginning but one to sure as hell be proud of.

Now I'll go make some celebratory black coffee in our honour Cheers!