Notices

How to Quit Smoking?

Old 03-30-2017, 05:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How to Quit Smoking?

Glad to hear about yourself that you already quit. I am trying to quit smoking. And looking for a better and legitimate way to adopt. Do you know anything which can help me to quit smoking?
Old 03-30-2017, 06:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

drink lots of water to quit smoking ,, carry water with you everywhere , it helped me
Old 03-30-2017, 06:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nilobrian33 View Post
I am trying to quit smoking. And looking for a better and legitimate way to adopt. Do you know anything which can help me to quit smoking?
Hi Nilobrian. I stopped drinking and smoking at the same time a few weeks ago. The method I used to stop smoking was Smartturkey - which is basically educated cold turkey. There is a wealth of information, books, videos and forums on WhyQuit.com that may help you.
Old 03-31-2017, 07:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jacktryingagain View Post
drink lots of water to quit smoking ,, carry water with you everywhere , it helped me
Are you sure? I even didn't heard about this method.
Old 03-31-2017, 07:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nilobrian33 View Post
Are you sure? I even didn't heard about this method.
yes , when you feel like a ciggie drink water , in a couple of minutes the craving will be gone ,

another bonus is the water flushes out the toxins quicker

so its a win win
Old 04-01-2017, 09:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bimbott View Post
Hi Nilobrian. I stopped drinking and smoking at the same time a few weeks ago. The method I used to stop smoking was Smartturkey - which is basically educated cold turkey. There is a wealth of information, books, videos and forums on WhyQuit.com that may help you.
I even didn't heard about this method. But I will ............
Old 04-01-2017, 09:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have almost 2 weeks without a cigg. I am using nicotine gum and slowly decreasing how much I chew. It seems to be working. I also look up why you should quit smoking when I'm feeling weak and that usually makes me not want to ... EVER AGAIN!
Old 04-01-2017, 03:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
All is Change

In the end I found that the most effective way to quit smoking was to quit smoking. I'd tried other ways but they didn'y work so I choose to take the plunge and do it.

What helped to cope with life after was to bag all left over tobacco, papers, filters, ash trays, lighters, matches, anything and everything to do with smoking and sell the lot to the first mug who wanted them.

Then I cleaned places and things like area where I used to smoke, car, clothes pillow cases et.c..

Every time I felt like smoking I make a mental note of the event and observe the state of the breath and the sensations on my body.

It's been a few weeks now and I still get the occasional out of the blue urge to smoke but I have the time to come to my senses.
Old 04-01-2017, 03:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Nilobrian33, I quit smoking 8, 9 years ago. I was so attached to smoking, a heavy chain smoker and it was one of my biggest desires to quit but that didn't help me much, I needed help and support.
I tried Champix, the pills that are suppose to help but they ended up making me feel totally insane and I had to stop taking them at around the 9 day mark.
I joined a Quit smoking support group online...QSMB by memory..I learnt so much and at the same time I downloaded and read Allen Carr, "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking'
Those two thing were a game changer for me...
I never feel the desire to smoke and I have no problem being around smokers...Good luck, this is doable and you can do this.
Old 04-01-2017, 03:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You may be interested in our smoking/nicotine forum.

Nicotine/Smoking - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information