I'm bored

Old 10-14-2004, 12:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm bored

There is nothing going on right now. My AH is not doing anything to upset me or bring up my blood pressure. I'm not sure how to act?? lol
Old 10-14-2004, 01:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Gracey

Enjoy the moment of boredum........take a bubble bath, think of things that make you happy.........

Close your eyes and listen to the quiet...

Old 10-14-2004, 02:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Funny how we seem to become addicted ourselves to the turmoil!
Find something worthy of your attentions and concern. Drive voters to the polls, take up Karate or an on-line course. As the A's caregivers we become natural caretakers. Put it to good use. Voulunteer for a senior center or animal shelter.
Some codee's intentionally "stir the pot" to have a life focus. Rise above it girlfriend!
Old 10-14-2004, 02:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You try to enjoy the moment, but in the back of your mind you know it is going to be short lived. You try to have peace of mind but you can't because you are waiting for all the turmoil to start again. It's like living with a volcano, you never when it's going to blow... Just when you think it just might be okay they slam you right back into reality!! Right now I am living just for the moment not making any long term plans. Just remember detach..detach..
Old 10-14-2004, 05:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

I always liked drama because I didn't have to think about me, or try to be comfortable in my own skin. It has taken a while to get semi comfortable with me. Getting involved with the Al-Anon program, and working the 12 steps has helped me to get to know me and find things that I like about me. It has also given me some direction on where I want my life to go from here. Taking the time to learn how to take care of me is hard, but the rewards are great. Hugs, Magic
Old 10-14-2004, 05:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone - I know it's going to be short lived. Luckily for me, about an hour after I posted this, I went home and had the kids to take care of. Otherwise, I probably would have asked him to come over. I'm feeling lonely - that would have sent him the WRONG message.
Old 10-16-2004, 01:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

bored

Dear Jessica,
Boredom is an option we don't have,it's like resentments,anger or self-rightousness.These are things that have caused us to drink in the past.
Today the sugesstions we take from people in recovery are designed to help us stay sober.You asked for help instead of using,that's a positive step,and may very well be your best one,to help save your life.
I read where you like to read,that's my escape today.I read all the time.My sugesstion to you, is to use this tool for your recovery.I don't always read about recovery either,but it part of my daily reprieve from drugs and alcohol.
Give yourself a break,take a walk,call someone in recovery.They'd love to hear from you.It only takes two alcoholics sharing recovery to make a meeting.
If all else has faied,have you tried prayer?Hmm,what a concept!!! I'd love to hear from you.
Smiles,
Sue M.
Old 10-16-2004, 09:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Hi Jess,

Isn't it wonderful to be able to sit down without your mind going in 10 different directions ? Different too.

You act with wisdom knowing that it probably won't last, so as they say, enjoy the moment and focus on yourself and what you want to do to please yourself.

Good for you and enjoy!!!

Kathy
Old 10-17-2004, 09:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I too became really bored after I detached and set boundries and did all of the things that I learned in counseling and al-anon. It was weird not to be on edge, not to have the drama, and not to worry myself sick over everything my AH did or would do to himself. But you know what? After the boredom subsided after a few months, I started to feel a nice deep sense of peace. Also, I've read that it is normal to feel bored at first, just stick with it and peace should follow.

Now, I'm not perfect in my program (I have recycled recently but now I'm back on track), but I know when those feelings of peace start to be replaced with the old feelings (turmoil, over stress, drama, excessive worry), I know I need to get back on track ASAP.