Notices

Back again

Old 03-29-2017, 05:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back again

Hello again.

My last (and only really) try was 2 years ago and I lasted 47 days.
My undoing? I was too confident. I was offering people advice on here after I'd been sober for a week. HA. How foolish I was. I was full of it. So happy and self righteous. So here I am, back with my tail between my legs.

Day 3 now. Head's been pounding none stop for 3 days. Don't remember it being this bad last time but maybe every time is different.

I want to feel good again, I want to feel healthy. I'm tired of taking my kids to school in the morning and zoning out on the walk because I'm hungover or more than likely, still a little drunk. I'm tired of worrying if people can smell it on me. Tired of hiding the empties around the house until bin day. Tired of hiding the bottle I'm drinking under my cushion of an evening incase my eldest comes down. Tired of having lengthy drunken conversations with her late at night when I can see she just wants to go to bed, and all the while I'm talking, knowing I'm probably slurring my words and trying so hard not to.
I'm tired of being bloated and feeling sick every morning.
I'm tired of seeing the looks on my children's faces as I spend £10 on my alcohol after I've just said I can't afford a 50p treat for them each.

I'm just...tired of it all.

So here I am. Back for another go. But this time I think I'm going to be s little more realistic and therefor cautious.

Wish me luck!!
Old 03-29-2017, 05:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back softkitty

My undoing? I was too confident. I was offering people advice on here after I'd been sober for a week. HA. How foolish I was. I was full of it. So happy and self righteous. So here I am, back with my tail between my legs.
I actually think most of us are pretty good at giving out good advice...day one or day 1000 the vast majority of us know what we *should* do...

it's just we're not so good at taking our own good advice.

realistic and cautious is good...but what does that mean in terms of a plan?

D
Old 03-29-2017, 10:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome back. I'm glad you made it, some don't.
I can remember late night phone conversations with friends, probably just putting up with me, where I was trying not to slur my words. Hiding empties and using deferent bins so the trashman wouldn't know I was a drunk.
Of course, everyone knew and I really thought I was pulling a fast one.
I did everything you did, but of course, everyone knew I was a drunk.

I wish you luck, but for me it took more than luck. I had to put effort into getting and staying sober. I slipped up many times, but I never gave up trying.
A plan is a good idea. I had to take action and seek help. It took me awhile but it's been over six years since I drank. And I was a bad drunk.
I couldn't have done it without help, both here and in AA.

I wish you the best.