My sense of humor is gone.....

Old 03-27-2017, 12:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My sense of humor is gone.....

So, I failed my next licensing exam today. The series 66 was just as hard as I thought it was going to be but I still thought I was doing ok while I was taking it. I missed it by 1 point. Yep, just 1 question. You need a 73 to pass and I got a 72 (there are 100 graded questions and 10 questions that they throw in there to mess with you that don't count....ugh).

I am actually taking this harder than I did when I failed my other exam...twice.....which I find weird but I think I'm just burnt out on studying and now I know for sure that it's not over.

The company wasn't too concerned actually, although they did stress that I need to pass it next time for sure. I have to wait a month to re-test but they want me to move on to getting my insurance licensing done now since that process will only take 2 weeks. So, I will be working on training modules, getting my insurance licensing complete, and then taking my 66 AGAIN in a month. YIPPEE! NOT!

I am in a crappy mood. I'm tired, I'm functioning on 4 hours of sleep for 2 nights straight and I have to pick the kids up from school soon. If I didn't have to pick them up, I'd be going for a drive to Sedona to go hike my favorite spots.

Well, I guess it's onward and upward but I think I need today to just sit in a corner and lick my wounds and be depressed. Because, right now, I just feel like giving up.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Aw, sweets, I'm really sorry.

Yes, today is a day for wound-licking. And napping. And getting waited on.

You'll get there. SOOO close! You're being tested on more than your knowledge about real estate.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lizatola View Post
I'm tired, I'm functioning on 4 hours of sleep for 2 nights straight and I have to pick the kids up from school soon. If I didn't have to pick them up, I'd be going for a drive to Sedona to go hike my favorite spots.
How do these two sentences even belong in the same paragraph? LOL.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That sucks Liz, but you can do it. You have a month to regroup!

Bad days suck...but tomorrow is a new one, and another change to make it a good one. Circle back to basics - self care, fix any lacking parts of HALT, and saddle up again lady...just like you do!!
Old 03-27-2017, 10:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Aw, sweets, I'm really sorry.

Yes, today is a day for wound-licking. And napping. And getting waited on.

You'll get there. SOOO close! You're being tested on more than your knowledge about real estate.
We'll, it's not real estate, lol. It's securities licensing and state/federal securities law combined with portfolio theory and financial advising.

But, no matter what it actually is, it's hard and it's wearing on me. I'm truly feeling burnt out and done. I told my bf that I'm emotionally spent and that I'm mentally toast. I just have nothing to give right now and I'm so frustrated.

One thing my bf said sticks with me, "it's not like our kids have cancer. It's just a test. It's just a job." Yes, he's right, but it's also health insurance for me, etc. The only good I'm drawing out of today is that at least I now I have my series 7, which is my general securities license. If I fail where I am now, I can go to any broker dealer as a licensed rep and make about $15 K more than what I was making as a high level clerical support staff. That one stupid thought comforts me today.

I truly hope that tomorrow is a day that brings me clarity because today all I want to do is beat myself up and feel sorry for myself and I know that's not productive, but for today, it sure feels damn good.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Liz- but you are not giving up. Alfred said that cliché line in one of the b-man movies..'What do we do when we fall, Master Bruce? We pick ourselves up and keep on going' or something like that. The fact you have identified the cause, the feeling, what you need to do and what to do to de-stress. Awesomeness of proactive.
Stuff sucks, but as you have shown- what do we do?
Support to you. PJ
Old 03-28-2017, 06:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Originally Posted by lizatola View Post
We'll, it's not real estate, lol. It's securities licensing and state/federal securities law combined with portfolio theory and financial advising.
Ya know, right after I posted that I thought, "No, it's not real estate, it's something to do with investments,"--sorry, not my world, lol--but I didn't bother to change it.

I think it's totally legit to feel burned out at this point.

You'll regroup. And next time you'll nail it.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

What can you do if Sedona doesnt work today? Nature is the
ultimate rejuvenator. Some time outdoors at the least would
help.

Lexie is right, you are being tested on more than testing.....
but if it was easy, everyone would have one, right?
Old 03-28-2017, 07:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

$15K a year more? Well that is no small raise, lovely.

I believe a nice pedicure is in order. Or some new music.

Old 03-28-2017, 07:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to hear about this setback Liz, I know this means a lot to you. I hope you woke up today feeling better about it all. How soon do you have to retest? Will you have time to recharge your batteries a bit first?
Old 03-28-2017, 09:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
Ya know, right after I posted that I thought, "No, it's not real estate, it's something to do with investments,"--sorry, not my world, lol--but I didn't bother to change it.

I think it's totally legit to feel burned out at this point.

You'll regroup. And next time you'll nail it.
I know you knew that, lol!

So, this AM I am in a much better place. I'm so glad that I'm the type of person who doesn't stay down for very long. I can't imagine what those who suffer from depression must go through.

I got up early, helped the bf get the kids ready for school and lunches packed, then I baked some cookies, and put a pork roast in the crockpot, did the dishes, washed the bed linens, folded laundry, and hung up a bunch of clothes in my closet. Since I studied all weekend the laundry was definitely getting the shaft!

Anyway, it's 9: 15 AM here and I'm now heading to an office so I can figure out what I need to do to get my health/life insurance licensing completed. One step at a time.

I can't retest for my Series 66 for another month so I'm going to focus on insurance right now and then go back to re-studying for the 66 in 2 weeks. I also have a ton of distance learning courses to complete online as well. I certainly won't be bored.

Thank you all for the encouragement and support!
Old 03-28-2017, 09:45 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry friend!

Big hugs!