Over a yr later and I am still healing

Old 03-27-2017, 11:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Over a yr later and I am still healing

Its been over a year since I posted here. My husband is still with his meth dealer girl that he cheated on me with. She had been arrested for manufacturing and delivery and ended up getting her kids taken from her back in September. Well CYS had to do a case with me as well since one of my children happened to be there (well at the neighbors) when she was arrested. She is supposed to be going back to court again. She sat for one week. Neither of them work and sometimes they do not sleep for a few days. My daughter no longer associates with him because he has left her sit at school twice, forgetting to pick her up or lying to her. He was picked up on a bench warrant last week for being $6000 behind in child support. The judge let him go same day with time served and no orders for payment of any kind!!!!!!!!! What is wrong with our legal system??????????????? So he gets to keep doing what he is doing.
As far as me and the kids, we are doing good. I have my days where I get down and I also get angry because I am busting my butt every day trying to keep a roof over our head and food on the table all on my own while he does absolutely nothing. I know I just need to let it go and I will get there eventually. I have tried dating but it only lasted about a month. Think it is because I have been thru so much that I just won't tolerate anything at all. And I do enjoy being on my own for the most part. In time I will meet someone but am not going looking for it. Kids have basically learned that their father will never be who they thought he would be. And they deal with it very well. Gives me more motivation to keep going because they need me. So wanted to check in and hopefully someone just starting out can read this and know that it does get better.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm sorry the drama (and crime) continues and that he has not been financially responsible....but it is what it is and you sound like you are doing well on your own. I think your children understand what is going on and are wise to stick with you and a life of peace.

I'm glad you came here and shared your story today and my prayers go out for better days ahead for you and your dear children,

Hugs