Notices

Feeling better today

Old 03-27-2017, 10:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling better today

Well, brief recap.... I was sober for 10 days and the night of what would have been day 11 I drank. I freaked out and went through a bunch of emotions. I'm back and evaluating what happened at the time that I gave in and drank. I'm also thinking about my recovery plan and where it needs more strength. Reading posts on this site and talking with everyone is really a huge help. The day after I drank I ordered on amazon a special little journal to write in. I'm thinking not only will it help me get out my thoughts but serve as a tool that helps me take a step back and be able to better analyze situations when I read them. Over time, it'll be interesting to read and see where I was and how far I came. I've also been checking in on the 24hr feed. It is actually kind of fun to pop in every day and say hi and read what everyone has to say. Again, thank you to you all. The support has been great. I'm hoping I learn more and am able to progress this time around.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's good that you aren't beating yourself up about it. I think you are taking a great approach to staying sober this time!
Old 03-27-2017, 10:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad that you're feeling better and it sounds like you've made some good changes in your life to help you with your recovery.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

As someone who has relapsed a bunch of times, this is a great attitude, in my opinion. That feeling of guilt and shame can really drive a person back to drink!
Looking back on what I wrote even a week ago can really provide great insight.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

PROACTIVY through thought and action is good.