Notices

2 Days In.... Do the cravings stop?

Old 03-26-2017, 07:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 Days In.... Do the cravings stop?

Hello. 2 year oxycodone user.... habit was bad about 15 a day.... I am 48 hours without any Roxy's. I took 2 ml of liquid methadone this morning because I really couldn't deal with the RLS. I have 3 more ml of liquid methadone to last the duration of my withdrawal.... how much longer do I have you think? And when do the cravings go away? All i can think about is wanting to get high it's horrible. I can't stop crying I don't want to only think about getting high. I want to stop craving this. I still feel like ****.... even with the 2 ml of methadone. Someone please help. I dont want to relapse. I don't want to do this all again.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Whatever you do dont use. You have got to distract yourself and get your mind off of using. Put on a movie, take a hot bath, play a game online, stay on here and post, cup of tea. Rinse and repeat until you can get yourself to sleep. You dont have to do this over again. Hang in there and do not give in. We are here for you.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mizzuno View Post
Whatever you do dont use. You have got to distract yourself and get your mind off of using. Put on a movie, take a hot bath, play a game online, stay on here and post, cup of tea. Rinse and repeat until you can get yourself to sleep. You dont have to do this over again. Hang in there and do not give in. We are here for you.
Thank you... about how much longer do you think ill have? I don't plan on using the extra 3ml of methadone unless I have too... I don't want to become addicted to that as well
Old 03-26-2017, 08:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Bbcc,

I have no experience with drugs but I can empathize. If you think you need medical help please don't hesitate to go to the hospital.

Good luck and many prayers
Old 03-26-2017, 08:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bbcc1995 View Post
Thank you... about how much longer do you think ill have? I don't plan on using the extra 3ml of methadone unless I have too... I don't want to become addicted to that as well
I really do not have the answers to this. Im not familiar with this type of withdrawal and everyone is different. I know, however, that if you ride this out you will be okay. Do you have any hot tea in the house? How about a bath?
Old 03-26-2017, 08:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Oh, and if you do need medical assistance please go to the hospital.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

If I was going cold turkey the withdrawal would peak around 72 hours. The 4th day would be better than day 3, but worse than day 2. On day 5 it would start getting significantly better. That was after over a decade of heavy pill / heroin use.

When I used subs or methadone to ease the withdrawal it would make it longer, but less intense than cold turkey.

Hot baths helped me. Any form of exercise would help. Watching music videos at night would help. Going to NA meetings would help.

Good luck with your withdrawal. It is a painful process, but I know a ton of people that have made it through it. You can do it too.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Bbcc

It's probably going to take more than a few days. Most of us drank or used for years....

That'/s why support's so important. No one needs to do this alone.
I'm glad you found us

D
Old 03-26-2017, 09:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Trying to use as little methadone as possible...

Originally Posted by OpioPhobe View Post
If I was going cold turkey the withdrawal would peak around 72 hours. The 4th day would be better than day 3, but worse than day 2. On day 5 it would start getting significantly better. That was after over a decade of heavy pill / heroin use.

When I used subs or methadone to ease the withdrawal it would make it longer, but less intense than cold turkey.

Hot baths helped me. Any form of exercise would help. Watching music videos at night would help. Going to NA meetings would help.

Good luck with your withdrawal. It is a painful process, but I know a ton of people that have made it through it. You can do it too.
I have only used 2 ml so far going on about 54 hours sober... so if I take my other 3 ml tomorrow you think it will prolong it ? Ugh i may just suck it up and take it. I've never felt more exhausted but not able to sleep .... the mental part is getting to me depression and I just can't stop thinking about getting high );
Old 03-26-2017, 10:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey BBcc

so if I take my other 3 ml tomorrow you think it will prolong it ?
I appreciate why you want to know but we can't give medical advice here - against the rules.

Dee
SR
Old 03-26-2017, 11:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Keep going with it. It does get easier. Try to quieten your mind, hot baths sound good. Fluids too. Little things. Self nurture.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:53 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I used opiates for over a decade; oxy, heroin, the lot.

The 48hr point is almost as bad as I would get in my withdrawals, at 72 hrs the worst was usually over & after 5 days I felt like I'd 'made it'.

Warm sugary tea, sports drinks, warm showers (usually sitting down), baths, cigarettes & mindless movies all helped me. If you can get out for a walk around the block, or a tiny bit of physical exercise, it can really pay off.

I used to break my withdrawal time down into 8hrs blocks, it used to make it more manageable for me, the goal being 120hrs, as then I knew I could hold in.

The pain and cravings will stop.