Notices

Self Care Saturdays

Old 03-25-2017, 06:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Self Care Saturdays

I met a friend in sobriety who mentioned that she and another friend of hers started getting together for "self care Saturday's". And I thought, what a fabulous idea! Something to look forward to, instead of dreading how to fill the time that used to be occupied with drink and superficial "friendships".

Today I am headed to the salon, then a quiet afternoon at home. Another thing I've added on the weekends is my husband and I usually hit up a coffee shop nearby that has the most delicious coffee, and they serve it super fancy. It's a wonderful treat to look forward to.

What are some things you do for self care?
Old 03-25-2017, 08:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
under new management

I love this idea!

I spend most weekends on my own (with my husband mostly in the periphery ) and I love it. I am mostly an introvert and I treasure time to myself, doing no matter what.

Lately, I have been playing with a scrap journal, adding writing, quotes, pictures, embellishments, etc. It is an ongoing project so I pick it up whenever I feel like giving myself some self love!

I love the idea of actually calling a day by this name, keeps one in the self care headspace.

Old 03-25-2017, 08:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I love the coffee idea and I do something similar. It's a treat while out for a long walk. And, I have a great book to read when I get home.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good idea- and I extend it to as many days of the week as possible.

When I go to an early meeting, or else in the mornings where I can before working at 11, I spend about an hour reading and doing other program work at my favorite Panera. Everyone knows me and I have my regular place to sit, etc. I love it.

I nap. Most days.

I grocery shop every couple of days, buying from the outside aisles almost entirely and thinking about just what I need for a short period.

My bf and I go to one AA meeting and lunch together a week. We have at least one date night. Oftentimes, it is me cooking for him, sometimes the other, and whatever we feel like watching that we mostly chat through. I make lunch for him with leftovers (discovered this is about the greatest thing ever in his book so makes me happy, too).

Every month on a Sat morning, we run a 5K. then we get pedicures (and me a mani) after.

I watch "my shows" alone, day after they air.

Gotta incorporate something enjoyable into every day, and make sure all my needs- mental, physical, spiritual- are being met best I can.
Old 03-25-2017, 08:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Double shot latte
Old 03-25-2017, 12:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I treated myself to gels on my fingers and toes today at a nail salon 💅, bought new shoes 👠, had a nice lunch out 🍝 and tried to nap 😪 but it didn't happen so I did some arms and abs exercises instead 🏋🏋🏋
Old 03-25-2017, 12:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I run a lot and on saturdays I get up early get my run in and then like to make blueberry pancakes as a treat after my run
Old 03-25-2017, 12:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

super good idea!
Old 03-26-2017, 08:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
under new management

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Double shot latte
oh yeah, I forgot my precious latte's (yum, double shot!)
Old 04-01-2017, 01:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

So I remembered this thread from last Saturday and enjoyed noting down what I had done to care for myself, so I decided to find it and add the self care I have done this Saturday 💜

This weekend's self care started with 11.5 hours of sleep last night!!!! Today I had my hair coloured and cut. I meal planned nutritious healthy meals for the coming week and ordered the food shop. I have booked into a spa for a couple of weeks time to use a voucher I was given for my birthday almost a year ago!!!! I have eaten three healthy meals, which included one of my favourite weekend breakfasts.