Notices

Here we go again..

Old 03-21-2017, 05:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here we go again..

Thought I had the drinking under control - WRONG! It was just a matter or time before the law caught up with me and they did - would have happened sooner or later, I was careless and only thinking about myself and that next drink. Now I'm at risk losing my family and possibly my job. I never knew what emotional pain was until now - seriously considered ending it all a few days ago.

I'm leaving for treatment tomorrow and will stay until they tell me to go home. I will return and enter into an IOP and seek out a marriage counselor. My wife said she has very little hope and does not trust I can stay sober, but I believe I have the strength to get through this. I want to be the husband and father that I used to be and continually improve to become even better, stronger, healthier. I have supportive friends/family and am forever grateful. I CANNOT and WILL NOT F*** this up.

The facility I'm going to does allow us to have our laptops and phones in the evenings, so I will stay in touch and let you all know about my progress. Thank you in advance for you support SR family :*(
Old 03-21-2017, 05:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for what happened but I'm glad you're doing something about it, Time2Focus.

Welcome back

D
Old 03-21-2017, 05:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry for what you're going through, Time. I'm glad you're focused on recovery and I hope things go well in treatment.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Time2Focus View Post
Thought I had the drinking under control - WRONG! It was just a matter or time before the law caught up with me and they did - would have happened sooner or later, I was careless and only thinking about myself and that next drink. Now I'm at risk losing my family and possibly my job. I never knew what emotional pain was until now - seriously considered ending it all a few days ago.

I'm leaving for treatment tomorrow and will stay until they tell me to go home. I will return and enter into an IOP and seek out a marriage counselor. My wife said she has very little hope and does not trust I can stay sober, but I believe I have the strength to get through this. I want to be the husband and father that I used to be and continually improve to become even better, stronger, healthier. I have supportive friends/family and am forever grateful. I CANNOT and WILL NOT F*** this up.

The facility I'm going to does allow us to have our laptops and phones in the evenings, so I will stay in touch and let you all know about my progress. Thank you in advance for you support SR family :*(

We can do this! This my Day 1 have had 3 day one's since 2003 or so. Oh and nice thread title.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm sorry too for the pain this has brought you. You're doing all the right things to reclaim your life. We'll be here - and we look forward to hearing how it goes.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Support to you- keep on the straight path
Old 03-21-2017, 06:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good luck Time2Focus, You can do this for yourself. Once sober all the pieces will fall into place. Many prayers and look forward to hearing about your progress.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You've got this. You're username says it all, use this as a time to focus on you and getting sober. That is what you can control. Looking forward to hearing from you after you complete treatment.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It's day 12 for me without alcohol and I'm feeling pretty good. I really like the treatment facility that I chose and I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm coming to grips with the consequences that my addiction has caused me to have in my life and I know that if I can stay strong and SOBER, things will work out the way they are supposed to. More importantly, I will be able to manage the challenges ahead of me, with a clear head.

Thank you for all the support so far from everyone on SR. I hope everyone has a wonderful day/night!
Old 04-03-2017, 05:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on day 12 T2F

D