Notices

New to here but not to Addiction

Old 03-21-2017, 03:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New to here but not to Addiction

My qualifier is my son. He has put me through the ringer the last 3 years. The last year has been almost unbearable. Last January he tested positive to cocaine, called me on Mother's Day to tell me he dropped acid. Couched surfed all summer, lost every job he had. Found a GF that is vindictive, manipulating and also and addict. My son was connected to her hip from the second they met. They ended up in a Meth house for about 6 months. They are out of there now, he is living with his dad, she with hers. He is working but only because he is being driven to work and picked up. He has no car (totaled it) and so many points he can't afford insurance. I know this is a long story but this is a long journey as many of you can attest to. He is not clean and I am afraid he is doing that new Xanax that is all over the news. His friend OD'ed on it a couple weeks ago and I know they had been together. His friend is now in recovery. When I see my son, he is withdrawn and quite. He once was a vibrant, caring, fun, talkative and just a joy to be around.
I am reading, belong to a couple other forums. Not sure what I would do without these places to be able to vent, cry, share and learn.
Emotionally I am in a good spot. Just waiting for the other shoe to drop because I know it will. Trying to prepare my soul and heart.
I trust in my HP to walk with me and my son.
Thanks for letting me share.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Sorry for what brings you here. I was an addict in my 20s. I hate to think of the grief I caused my family.

Please see our forums for Friends and Family of Substance Abusers. Lot of folks who have been right where you are:

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information